Green Leafy vegetable Fritters with Vegetable Raita .( vegetables with Yogurt) Summer Lunch/Kids Lunch Box/Dinner
Last Day of school . For today’s lunch I prepared Green Leafy vegetable fritters ( Need to clean the refrigerator for weekend purchase) with Vegetable Raita . No need of any grains to be served with this meal . It is filling with Fritters and Vegetable Raita. Simultaneously you can prepare both fritters and Raita in 30 minutes. Easy way to feed Green for Kids and we know Kids like Fritters , Pancakes and Cutlets . To go along with it I prepared a quick Yogurt ( Curd) Raita with Bottle Gourd and couple more Vegetables . I like adding Coconut to raita . Adds sweet taste and a little Spicy hint from Green Chillies and Ginger . You can grind coconut with green chillies without salt and refrigerate . Comes in handy whenever you want to prepare Raita .I use Coconut in my everyday Cooking . Fritters are so easy to prepare with just 5 ingredients and taste Crispy when served Warm .
Here is the recipe with 5 main ingredients. Save recipe to your Summer Lunch Menu .
Note : You can pan fry 8 to 10 at the same time if your pan is wide .
1. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and add 1 tbsp Cumin seeds and Chopped Bottle Gourd ( Lauki) . Season with Salt and turmeric Powder ( 1/4 th tbsp) . Mix in between to avoid Burning . Once Bottle gourd(Lauki) is Cooked add Grated Carrots and chopped tomato . Mix and Switch off the Stove . Cool before adding to Yogurt( curd) .
2. Grind Handful of Coconut with 2 Green Chillies , small piece of Ginger ,Salt and 1 tbsp roasted Sesame seeds .
3. Take 2 Cups of Yogurt (Curd ) in a Bowl and add Cooked and Cooled Vegetables , Coconut Mixture, 1/2 tbsp Curry Powder and Finely chopped Coriander Leaves .
4. Heat 1/2 tbsp Oil and 1/2 tbsp Ghee and add Mustard seeds , Urad dal ,Broken Red chillies(2) and Curry leaves . Cool the seasoning and add to Yogurt . Mix and check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly .
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 Minutes .
INGREDIENTS for GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLE FRITTERS:
1. Chickpea flour – 1/2 cup
2. Rice flour – 1/4 to 1/2 cup
3. Onion – 1 ( finely Chopped)
4. Boiled and Crumbled Potato – 1 Big
5. Spinach – ( Chopped), Finely Chopped Coriander and Methi Leaves
6. Ajwain – 1/2 tbsp
7. Curry Powder – 1 tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli Powder , Coriander and Cumin powder , Garlic and Fresh Coriander
8. Oil – 2 tbsp
10 . Green Chilli paste and grated or Chopped ginger
1. Mix Chickpea flour , rice flour, Salt , Curry powder. Chopped Green Leafy vegetables , Boiled and Mashed Potato , Green Chilli paste , Grated or Chopped Ginger and finely Chopped Onions by adding little water.
2.The batter should not be runny .
3. Heat pan with little Oil.
4. Take a handful of the batter and shape like patties. Repeat with the rest of batter. You can Pan fry 8 to 10 at the same time .
5.Drizzle Oil over the edges. Pan fry till golden brown on both sides .