Cauliflower Corn Rice with Homemade Masala Powder and Vegetable Raita ( Vegetables with Yogurt)
If you are looking for a New recipe to pack for Lunch Box with Cauliflower , here is the Simple recipe you can prepare in 10 minutes (Cooking time) if you do preparation ahead of time. Cauliflower corn Rice is prepared with Homemade Masala Powder , Corn and Medium Cauliflower ( Small florets) and taste good at room temperature.
Pack with Vegetable Raita ( Vegetables with Yogurt. Add chopped Onion , Tomato , Chopped Curry Leaves and Coriander Leaves and grated Carrot to Yogurt(Curd) and add Seasoning( Heat 1 tbsp Oil and add 1/2 tbp Cumin seeds. Cool and add to Yogurt). I added medium head Cauiflower. Separate into small florets . Cooks fast. Homemade Masala powder will brighten and adds lot of flavor and taste to the Rice. You can prepare the Masala Powder ahead of time and store in a Glass jar.
I used Brown Basmati Rice instead of White Basmati Rice. Soak for Couple of Hours or Overnight and Cook with 2 1/2 Cups water and Whole Garam Masala Seasoning. I cooked the Rice in Rice cooker and took 15 minutes to Cook. You can use Frozen Corn or Cook Corn in the Microwave as fresh corn is available in the Market. So here is the Simple recipe with 5 main Ingredients .
.Recipe for 3 to 4 People along with Salad .
Preparation and Cooking time :30 minutes
1. Cook Brown Basamati rice with Whole garam Masala in Rice cooker. Cool and refrigerate .
2. Separate Caulifower florets and refrigerate without washing.
3. Prepare Masala powder and store in a Glass jar.
4. Prepare Vegetable raita and refrigerate.
5. Cook Corn and refrigerate.
1. Brown Basmati Rice – 1 Measuring cup
2. Cauliflower – Medium( separate into small florets)
3. Spice Powder – Dry roast Handful of Mixed Nuts, 1 tbsp sesame seeds, 1 tbsp Coriander and Cumin seeds- each, Red chillies – 3 to 4 , Cloves – 4 , Cardamom – 3. Cool and Grind with Marble size Tamarind.
4. Oil – 2 tbsp and Ghee- 1/2 tbsp
6. Whole Garam Masala – 5 Cloves , Cardamom – 2 , Cinnamon stick – small , Bay leaf – 2 , Cumin seeds -1/2 tbsp
7. Onion – Medium ( sliced) , Garlic cloves – 6 ( Crushed) , Ginger – small piece
8. Corn – One Measuring Cup
9. 2 Handfuls of Dry roasted peanuts
10. Finely Chopped Coriander and Mint Leaves
1. Soak Brown Basamati rice for 2 Hours or Overnight . Wash and add 2 1/2 cups Water and season it with Salt. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and add Cumin seeds followed by Whole Garam Masala( Cloves, Cardamom, BayLeaf and Cinnamon stick) . Transfer to the Rice Water. Cook in Rice Cooker or Pressure Cooker .
2. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and fry Onions. Once Onions are Brown add Ginger and Garlic . Followed by Washed Cauliflower florets. Cook Until florets are soft and light Brown .
3. Switch off the stove and add Cooked Rice , Cooked Corn ,Spice Powder , Roasted Peanuts and finely Chopped Coriander and Mint Leaves. Mix gently . Add 1/2 tbsp GHEE .
4. Check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly.
5. Serve with Vegetable Raita.