Same Batter five different Breakfast recipes with Lentils and Grains(Quinoa or Cracked wheat or Brown Basmati Rice or Daliya and Oats)
SPEN D 5 Minutes for GRINDING and enjoy 5 DIFFERENT BREAKFASTS with the SAME BATTER. We never feel bored of eating same batter breakfast for five days. I grind the batter ( Just spend 5 minutes to grind) Once a week and use for 5 day breakfast. Half of the batter I ferment ( Soaking and Fermentation helps in Protein digestion and promotes Healthy bacteria) and Prepare Idli .Recipe is for 24 Idli’s. Half of the Idli’s we ate for First day Breakfast with Coconut Chutney . The rest of Half Idli’s I prepared for Second day Breakfast by adding Vegetables and served with Yogurt. It is a tasty Breakfast. My Kids love this Crumbled Idli with Vegetables . Third day I prepared Dosa and served with Chutney. Fourth day we have Lentil Pancakes topped with Vegetables. No need of any Dip or Chutney. Fifth Day we had Tangy Pancakes or Dosa with Chopped Vegetables. Enjoy Summer with Less work in the Kitchen and a Healthy Breakfast each Morning.
1. Brown Basmati Rice – 2 Cups or Daliya( Cracked Wheat ) – 2 Cups or Quinoa – One cup or Daliya and oats – One cup each
2. Urad dal – 1 Cup
3. Green Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
4. Yellow Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
5. Channa Dal – 1/2 cup
6. Fenu greek seeds – 1/2 tbsp
8. Water for Grinding.
1. Soak Dals for 4 to 6 hours or Overnight .
2. Wash 3 to 4 times and grind with little Salt and water in 2 to 3 Batches.
FIRST DAY BREAKFAST IDLI with COCONUT CHUTNEY:
2. Ferment Half of the Batter overnight to Prepare Idli’s. Recipe for 24 Idlli’s .
3. Grease the Idli plates with little Oil and Pour the batter in moulds.
4. Pressure cook without steamer for 13 minutes .
5. When the Pressure comes down remove Idli’s with steel wet spoon .
SERVE Warm with Coconut Chutney or Vegetable Samabar
2. SECOND DAY BREAKFAST IDLI UPMA WITH 12 IDLI’S AND VEGETABLES . RECIPE FOR 3 TO 4 PEOPLE . Served with Yogurt(Curd)
You can even pack for Kids Lunch Box with Curd( Yogurt)
METHOD to Prepare Vegetable Idli Upma:
1.Crumble Idli’s .
2. Heat 2 tbsp Oil and add Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds , Urad dal and Broken Red chillies followed by Onions( Medium chopped), Green Chillies, Ginger and Curry Leaves . Season with salt .
3. Once Onions are Brown add Finely chopped Vegetables( Carrots, Green Beans , Peas ).
4. Once Vegetables are soft add Crumbled Idli . Half to 1 tbsp Rasam powder or Sambar powder or Curry Powder.
5. Squeeze Juice of Half Lime. Add finely chopped Coriander. Serve with Yogurt( Curd).
3. THIRD DAY BREAKFAST is LENTILS Dosa . Served with Coconut Chutney.
The rest of Half of the Batter I left in the refrigerator I used to Prepare Dosa , Uttapam for Fourth day Breakfast and Tangy Pancakes for Fifth day Breakfast .
4. Heat a Pan . When the pan is Warm enough Pour big Spoonful of Batter and spread evenly . Drizzle Oil over the edges. Cook Until it is light brown on both sides.
Serve with Coconut Chutney( Recipe for Coconut Chutney : Grind handful of Roasted Mixed Nuts , One handful of Roasted Peanuts , 2 Handfuls Dry coconut, 2 red chillies , 2 Green Chillies , small piece of Ginger ,Salt , tamarind ( Marble size) with Sufficient water, Add seasoning .)
4. FOURTH DAY BREAKFAST LENTILS PANCAKES( Uttapam) topped with VEGETABLES .
Heat a pan and pour Spoonful of Batter and top with finely chopped Onion , Bell Pepper and Grated Carrot as shown in the Picture. Drizzle Oil over edges . When the bottom of the Pancake is light Brown , flip and cook until light brown on both sides. They taste good on their Own or you can serve with coconut Chuney ,Ginger Chutney and Onion Chutney ,
5. FIFTH DAY BREAKFAST Tangy DOSA with same Batter and Vegetables.
Recipe for 6 TANGY DOSA or PANCAKES
1. To 2 Cups of Batter add Medium Onion( finely chopped) , Grated Carrot , Finely Chopped Bell Pepper, or Mild spicy Green Chillies, Chopped Ginger, Soaked Channa Dal ( Handful raw) , 4 tbsp Yogurt( Curd), Finely chopped Coriander , 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds, salt , Red chilli powder and Coriander n Cumin Powder ( 1/2 to 1 tbsp) .
2. Heat Pan and grease with Oil. First try a small Dosa.
3. When Pan is warm enough pour 2 big Spoonfuls of Batter and Spread in a Circular motion. Drizzle Oil over the edges.
4. Fry till light Brown on both sides .
5. SERVE WARM or at ROOM TEMPERATURE. No need to serve with any Chutney . You are going to like the tangy taste of the Dosa with Vegetables and Channa Dal.