Baked Chickpea Crackers for Kids Lunch Box / After school Snack
It is a Simple recipe to prepare and pack for Kids Lunch Box as a snack or for Kids staying at home for Summer Vacation. It takes less than 10 minutes to gather the Ingredients and for Mixing the dough . No need to rest the dough . Roll them 1/2 inch thick and cut into squares . Kids are going to like these Crackers as they are not Spicy . Here is a Simple recipe with few Ingredients.
Recipe for 70 Crackers . Preparation time : 10 Minutes Baking time : 10 plus 5 or 7 Minutes
1. Wheat flour – One measuring Cup
2. Chickpea flour – 1/2 cup and Rice flour – 1/2 cup
3. Oil – 4 tbsp
5. Curry Powder or Rasam powder , Black Pepper powder , Mixed Herbs – 1/2 tbsp
6. Water -1/4 th Cup and 3 tbsp
1. In a Bowl mix Wheat flour , Chickpea flour, Rice flour with 4 tbsp Oil , Salt, Black pepper , Red chilli powder, coriander and cumin powder ( together 1/2 tbsp) or Rasam powder and Mixed herbs.
2. Mix the flours , Oil and spices well with your fingers .
3. Add water slowly and make a dough . No need to rest the dough .
4. Grease your hands with little Oil .
5. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. Roll 1/2 inch thick with the help of a rolling pin. Cut into squares or circles with the help of a coffee lid.
6. Place them on a Baking tray lined with Parchment paper.
7. Preheat the oven and Bake at 350 for 10 minutes .
8 . After 10 minutes take them out of the Oven and flip . Bake for 5 to 7 minutes.
9. Cool and store in a container.