Spicy Spinach ( Palak) stir fry with Raw mango . Serve with Phulka or Steamed rice and Vegetable Raita( Vegetables with Yogurt)
For today’s dinner I prepared simple Spinach stir fry and served with Phulka and Vegetable raita ( Vegetables with Yogurt). It is not Spicy . Kid friendly recipe. What I like about this recipe is we can add lot of greens ( More than half of the spinach box ) . I added a special Ingredient at the end because i want it different from regular stir fry. I squeeze juice of lime at the end in all my Stir fry Vegetables . For a change instead of Lime juice I added Grated raw mango as mangoes are in Season. Add little and if you like the taste add little more. I added 1/2 cup grated raw mango. Instead adding half cup Chickpea flour I added the Combination of Chickpea flour and Rice flour. So the stir fry will be little Crispy once you finish the Cooking. Once you add chopped Spinach , uncover and Cook so it won’t be Mushy . Add lot of Onions as Spinach will wilt and not sufficient for Whole family . Here is a Simple recipe with few and every day Ingredients.
Recipe for 3 to 4 .
Preparation and Cooking time: 30 Minutes
1. Spinach – 6 Big handfuls or more
2. Onions – 2 Big ( Sliced) . Crushed Garlic – 6 Cloves and Grated Ginger
3. Chickpea flour and rice flour – 1/2 Measuring Cup mixed with 1/2 tbsp Ajwain ( Carom seeds)
4. Mild spicy Green chillies
5. Curry Powder – 1 1/2 to 2 Tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli powder, Coriander and Cumin powder , Garlic , r and Fresh Coriander ) and Dry Fenu greek Powder – 1/2 tbsp
or Red chilli Powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder an, Mustard and fenugreek powder .
6. Salt and Turmeric- 1/4 th tbsp
7. Oil – 2 tbsp
8. Seasoning – Cumin seeds , Mustard seeds, Split Black Urad dal – 1/2 tbsp each , Red chillies a
9. Curry Leaves
10 . Grated raw mango and handful of roasted peanuts
1. Heat Oil and Splutter Mustard seeds followed by Split Black urad dal , Cumin seeds, Red chillies , Hing ( Asafotedia) , Green chillies , Curry Leaves.
2. Add thinly sliced Onions. Season with salt and Turmeric .
3. When Onions are Brown add Crushed Garlic and Ginger. Fry for Couple of Minutes.
4. Add Chopped Spinach and cook for Couple of minutes Uncovered .
5. Add chickpea flour and rice flour mixed with Ajwain . Fry until dry ( say 3 to 5 minutes) . Mix gently with a Wooden spoon . So the stir fry won’t be mushy . Add Spices ( Curry powder or Spices of your Choice) and dried fenugreek Leaves. Wait for Couple of Minutes and add Grated raw Mango .
Check for Salt and Spices and adjust accordingly . If needed add one more tbsp Oil .