Crispy potato with Lentils . Kids are going to like this because it is their favorite Vegetable . I coated the Lentils batter on one side , so you can taste Crispy Potato when Pan fried . For Lunch I prepared One pot meal . Cauliflower Biryani loaded with Vegetables . Transfer everything to Rice cooker or Instant Pot . It will be done in 15 minutes. Served with Home made Mango Pickle and Vegetable raita. A perfect combination for Biryani. For Dinner I prepared simple OKra(Bhindi) stir fry with 2 main Ingredients. I shared how to cook Okra without Slimy . Served with Phulka and raita. I prepared extra raita when preparing for Lunch . DESSERT for the week . YELLOW MOONG DAL LADOO without raosting and Grinding Yellow Moong Dal . When grinding the roasted Dal I am not able to grind into fine powder. So took the help of store bought Powder. It is tasty with the Ingredients I added.
BREAKFAST – CRISPY POTATO WITH LENTILS .
1. Channa Dal , Yellow Moong dal and split green moong dal – 1/2 cup
2. Cooked and sliced Potato – 2 , Chopped Coriander
3. Green chillies – 2 , Ginger – small piece , Salt and Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
4. Oil – 2 tbsp
5. Garlic chutney powder
1. Soak 1/2 cup Channa Dal , Split green moong dal and yellow moong dal . Wash before and after soaking . Grind without water , little salt, Cumin seeds, Green chillies – 2 ( Mild spicy ) and small piece of ginger . Transfer to a Bowl . Mix with Chopped Corainder and Garlic chutney Powder .
2. Heat a wide pan with Oil . So you can prepare all in one go.
3. Wet your hand and Coat one side of sliced Sweet Potato or White potato ( Cooked) with Lentils batter. Place in a single layer on warm pan .
4. Drizzle Oil over edges . When the bottom is light brown , flip and cook other side until light brown .
5. Serve warm . Doesn’t need any dip . they taste good on their own . or Sprinkle with mild spicy Garlic chutney Powder.
LUNCH – CAULIFLOWER BIRYANI IN RICE COOKER or INSTANT POT with VEGETABLE RAITA .
1. Basmati rice of your choice – 1 cup
2. Water – 2 Cups and Salt
3. Vegetables – Cauliflower – 25 medium florets , Toamtoes – 2 ( Chopped) , Bell pepper – few, Chopped Corainder and Mint . Onion – small ( Sliced ) , Garlic – 4 cloves crushed and Ginger – small piece ( Grated)
4. Green peas – 1 cup( frozen ) if dried 1/2 cup Soak overnight and microwave for 4 minutes before adding to Biryani .
5. Oil – 3 tbsp and Ghee – tbsp
6. Whole Garam Masala – Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp ,5 Cloves , 3 Cardamom , Cinnamon stick – small piece , Bay leaf -2 Biryani Masala – 1/2 to 1 tbsp ( Optional) i didn’t add.
1. Soak Basamati rice for 15 to 20 minutes . Wash and transfer to Rice cooker and add 2 cups water and Salt . Taste water for Salt .
2 Add Cauliflower florets, Chopped Tomato , Cubed potato , Bell pepper , Green peas and Chopped Coriander and Mint leaves .
3. Heat Oil and add Cumin seeds followed by Cloves , Cardamom , Bay leaf and cinnamon sticks. Add sliced Onions and fry for couple of minutes and add Crushed garlic and ginger. Transfer to rice .
4. When done cooking add 1 tbsp Ghee .
5. Serve with Home made Mango Pickle and Vegetable raita( To Yogurt ( Curd) add chopped Onions , Chopped Tomato , Salt and chopped Coriander . Heat 1 tbsp Oil and add Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp . Cool and add to Yogurt)
DINNER : CRISPY OKRA WITH 2 MAIN INGREDIENTS . SERVED with PHULKA and VEGETABLE RAITA .
INGREDIENTS and METHOD :
1. Heat a wide pan with 2 tbsp Oil and add Cumin seeds ,Chopped Okra( Bhindi) . Cover and cook for 5 Minutes or until soft on medium High heat. After 5 minutes keep lid half open and fry till light brown . Stir in between with a wooden Spatula to avoid burning. stir gently without touching Vegetable . Don’t add salt till end .
2. Meanwhile dry roast Handful of Peanuts, 2 tbsp Sesame seeds, 1/2 Cumin seeds , 1/2 tbsp Coriander seeds, 1/4 th tbsp Mustard and Fenu greek seeds and 2 Red chillies . Cool and grind with Handful Dry coconut, marble size tamarind and 3 cloves of peeled Garlic .
3. Once Okra( Bhindi) is fried switch off the stove and add Peanut Masala Powder , Chopped Coriander and season with Salt .
SERVE with Phulka ( Indian Bread) and Vegetable Raita ( Saved from Afternoon Lunch )