Ten Kids Lunch Box recipes with Red rice poha and for Breakfast / Lunch/ Dinner .
I cook Poha ( Flattened rice) atleast 3 to 4 times in a week . Here are Instant Poha recipes that you haven’t tried before . You can even pack for KIDS LUNCH BOX as they taste good at room temperature. You can use any Poha of Your choice ( Red rice Poha or White Poha or Brown Rice Poha) . Preparation time for all recipes is 15 minutes Day Before and Cooking time : Less than 15 minutes in the Morning.
What I like about Poha it doesn’t need Cooking and Blend with any vegetables and Spices we add. It soaks up all the Juices from Vegetables and spices and taste good warm or at room temperature.
Red rice Poha is high in fiber because of the bran and effective for weight management and reduction of bad cholesterol . It keeps you full for longer time and helps to decrease the desire to eat. Red rice is considered as a great meal option for Diabetics as it promotes slow release of sugar in the blood stream. Contains vitamin B6 . One cup of Red rice can meet 23 percent of Vitamin B6 . B6 helps the body make melatonin which is important in helping regulate internal clock . Getting Vitamin B6 through food is better alternative . B vitamins are important for healthy hair , skin , eyes and liver .Red rice is a special variety of rice found in Southern eastern coastal regions of South America. Good source of Iron . 100 grms of raw red flakes contains 20 grams of Iron. Squeeze juice of lime on Poha as it helps improve Iron absorption. Source : Health Magazines
1.Red rice Poha with Green Moong and vegetables. You are going to like the soft and Sweet taste of Green Moong with other Ingredients. You can serve for Breakfast/Lunch /Dinner and even Pack for Kids Lunch Box as it taste good at room temperature. It is a Simple recipe with 5 main Ingredients with a Cooking time of 10 minutes if you do preparation ahead of time.
1. Red rice Poha with Green Moong and Vegetables
2. Instant Red rice Poha Tomato Dosa/ Pancakes. Do you like your Dinner or Lunch ready in 10 + 10 minutes. Prepared with everyday Ingredients from Pantry.
3. Red rice Poha( flattened rice) Pancakes . These Pancakes fills you for several hours and can help reduce snacking between meals. Prepare ahead of time as shown in the Picture and refrigerate. It takes less time to Prepare for Breakfast or Lunch ( Cooking time – 10 minutes and Preparation time – 10 to 15 minutes)
4. Coconut Red rice Poha for LUNCH /DINNER . You feel satisfied eating it as a Meal and won’t snack till Dinner time.
5. Breakfast Patties or sandwich Patties with Red rice Poha. This is the first time I have used Barley in Breakfast recipes with Red rice Poha and Vegetables. Preparation time: 15 minutes and Cooking time:10 minutes
6. Black channa red Poha vada with Tomato Rasam . Rasam vada .
7. No Cooking Lunch with Roasted Poha( flattened rice ) with Sprouts and Vegetables.
9. Oats Poha Idli with Instant Green squash ( Lauki) Sambar
10. PANEER MASALA POHA . Is a simple and easy recipe to prepare for Lunch Box. Taste good at room temperature , so you can pack for Lunch Box .
10. Roasted Poha with vegetables and Pan fried zucchini for Dinner or Kids Lunch Box. I liked the Roasted Poha than regular because it holds the shape after cooking and soaks up also the Juices fro vegetables and Spices and taste good Warm or at room temperature. Serve this tasty Poha with Pan fried Zucchini . Good Combination for Poha . Cucumber and Celementine.
11.Instant Poha Kheer( Dessert) without reducing Milk and with Nuts Powder .