Graham Cracker Fruit Cake . Doesn’t need any frosting.
Summer Baking with Kids . This is our fifth Summer Baking . This time we tried with Graham crackers and Wheat flour combination and without eggs. We added fruit . I like moist Cakes instead of dry and Nuts for a little bite. If you have Kids who are interested in Baking try the Cake recipes I’m sharing. My kids enjoy gathering , Measuring, Mixing and tasting the batter. Every time we are trying with different Ingredients , they get excited about the final product. It didn’t fail . The Cake is tasty with Crispy Crust . Cool it before slicing. Refrigerate the rest as it was prepared with fruit . Warm for 30 seconds before you serve. We baked two Loaf cakes and stayed good for more than 5 days. Here is the recipe :
Simple and tasty cake recipe you can Bake with your Kids . Doesn’t need any frosting.
Serving 8 .
Preparation time : 15 minutes Baking time : 40 Minutes and 10 more minutes if tooth pick didn’t come out Clean .
- Wheat flour – 3/4 th Cup , Graham Cracker Powder – 1/2 Cup or Any Biscuit powder of your choice – 1/2 cup
2. Brown Sugar – 3/4 th Cup ( Taste the batter , if needed add 1/4 th Cup )
3. Milk – 1/2 cup
4. Grated Apples – 2
5. Chopped Cashews and Pistachio’s – 2 Handfuls
6. Oil – 2 tbsp and Ghee – 3 tbsp
7. Baking soda – 1 tsp and Salt – Pinch
7. Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
8. Chocalate powder – 2 tbsp
1. Mix Brown Sugar , Oil , Ghee , Milk and Vanilla essence with Hand Blender .
2. Mix Dry ingredients ( Whole wheat flour, Graham Cracker Powder , Baking soda and Salt )
3. Add dry ingredients to wet Ingredients slowly . Mix well until both are well incorporated .
4. Fold in grated apples , Chopped Nuts and Chocolate powder .
5. Grease loaf pan with Oil and pour the batter.
6. Pre heat Oven at 350 degrees F and Bake for 40 minutes ( Bake extra 10 minutes if tooth pick didn’t come out clean ) .
7. Cool and loose the edges with the help of Knife and un mould . Wait 10 more minutes and Cut into Slices .
Note : Refrigerate the rest as it is prepared with fruit. Warm 30 seconds before you serve.