Roasted Cherry Tomato Chutney with Mixed Beans Roti – Kids Lunch Box/Breakfast
I have box of Cherry Tomatoes that are going to be expired. So prepared a Simple Chutney with nuts and spices . My daughter asked me to pack in her Lunch Box( She goes to Summer advanced Math program) . I prepared night before and refrigerated. It will come to room temperature by Lunch time . So I need to prepare only roti in the morning. What taste good with the Cheery Tomato Chutney is stuffed Paratha. So I prepared Mixed Beans roti by adding some grated veggies andonly One flour . Added medium potato so the roti will be soft during Lunch time. Sharing both recipes( Roasted Cherry tomato Chutney and Masala ( Mixed Beans roti) . Simple and easy recipes with few Ingredients.
Recipe for ROASTED CHERRY TOMATO CHUTNEY :
1. Dry roast 10 Almonds, 5 Cashews , 1 tbsp Cumin seeds , 1 tbsp Coriander seeds and 1 tbsp Sesame seeds . Cool before grinding.
2. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and add peeled and Crushed 6 cloves of Garlic . When Garlic is light brown add Washed Cherry tomatoes or regular tomatoes. Season with Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp . Once tomatoes are soft cool before transferring to a Blender.
3. Transfer the roasted Spices to the Blender and blend into a nice powder. Add cooked tomatoes and 1/2 tbsp or 1 tbsp red chilli powder or Curry Powder or Rasam Powder and Blend.
4. Transfer to a Bowl . Check for salt and Spices and add accordingly .
5. Add finely chopped Coriander Leaves .
RECIPE for MIXED BEANS ROTI : Recipe for 12 medium roti’s
1. Cooked Mixed Beans – One measuring Cup
2. Whole wheat flour or Multi grain flour – 3/4 th cup
3. Salt and Curry powder – 1/2 tbsp to 1 tbsp ( Blend of red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin powder , Garlic and fresh Coriander
4. Water – 1/4 th Cup
5. Finely chopped Onion , Grated Carrot and Boiled and Grated medium Potato
6. Green chillies – 2 ( Zero spicy ) , Small piece of ginger and Garlic – Grated .
7. Oil – 1 tbsp
8. Finely Chopped Coriander
1. Grind Cooked Beans with Green Chillies , Small piece of ginger , Water and salt . Transfer to a Bowl . Add wheat flour , Curry Powder , Chopped Onions , finely chopped Coriander , Mashed Potato , Grated garlic and Grated carrot . If needed add water and mix like Chapathi dough as shown in picture.
2. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions . Grease your hand with Oil and shape them like a round ball .
3. Cut the sides of Ziplock bag. Place the dough inside , cover and press with a round Bowl for round and even roti .
4.Heat a wide Pan and Pan fry the roti’s . You can pan fry 4 at a time if the pan is wide enough .
5. Pack the roti’s with Roasted cherry tomato chutney .