Quinoa Vegetable fritters with Lentils . Serve or Pack with Carrot Lime Rasam or with Onion Lime Salad.
I shared Quinoa Mixed Dal Dosa 4 years ago . Now and then I Prepare Fritters / Vada with same batter. This time I took Photo’s to share. The Ingredients are same . I added Vegetables, Spinach and Yogurt(Curd) for tangy taste. Grind the batter without water , so it won’t absorb Oil when you Shallow fry them. I prepare these fritters 2 ways Panfried for Weekend Lunch . If I want to Pack for Lunch Box , shallow fry with Minimum Oil ( One measuring cup) . They didn’t absorb oil . Added little chickpea flour and rice flour .So the Fritters stay soft and tasty even at room temperature. You can pack with CARROT LIME RASAM or with Ketchup or with ONION LIME salad( Older Kids like to eat with Salad) .
Recipe link for CARROT LIME RASAM :
Preparation and Cooking time:30 minutes
Soak , Grind ( 5 Minutes) and prepare fritters. Simple and Easy recipe prepared with 4 Ingredients and Vegetables.
1. Quinoa – 1/2 cup
2. Channa Dal -1/2 cup
3. Urad dal – 1/2 Cup
4. Green Moong Dal – 1/2 cup
5. Curd ( Yogurt) – 3 tbsp
6. Chopped Vegetables like Zucchini or Cabbage , grated carrots etc
7. Chopped Onion – Medium and chopped Spinach
8. Chickpea flour and rice flour
9. Oil for Pan frying or Shallow frying
10 . Green chillies, Ginger and Salt
Soak Dals and Quinoa Overnight and Grind without water like a thick Batter with Salt, Green Chillies and Ginger.
2. To this Batter add Yogurt ( Curd) , Chopped Vegetables, Onions , Spinach and Chopped Coriander . Add chickpea flour abd rice flour if needed. Check for Salt and Spices and add accordingly .
3. Heat a wide Pan with Little Oil for Pan frying or Warm One cup measuring cup Oil for Shallow frying.
4. Take a Lemon size batter and Slide slowly in the Oil and fry both sides till Golden Brown . or Pan fry them .
5. Transfer to a Plate lined with Paper towel to absorb excess Oil . They didn’t absorb Oil because I grinded without Water.
SERVE or PACK with CARROT LIME RASAM or with ONION and Lime Salad or taste they taste good on their own .