As schools are going to open in 20 days i’m sharing 5 easy Vegetarian Lunch Box recipes that you can prepare with your Pantry staples . I do my preparation day before , so it takes less time to prepare Lunch Box in the morning. I cook Pasta in Pressure Cooker for perfectly cooked Pasta and no need to check frequently . For idli I grind batter day before and ferment overnight . Fermentation helps in protein digestion and Idli will be soft. . For Dessert I’m sharing Egg less Whole wheat Apple Cake . It is moist with Crispy crust and you can pack for Kids Lunch Box as a Dessert .You can try these recipes in Summer Break and for Weekend Lunch .
All these Lunch Box recipes I’m sharing will taste good at room temperature.
- QUINOA VEGETABLE ( Zucchini or Cabbage) FRITTERS. 4 ingredients plus chopped Vegetables. Grind batter day before and refrigerate .Chop vegetables and mix before you cook.
2. MASALA PENNE PASTA WITH VEGETABLES and A TOUCH OF INDIAN SPICES . I like hiding vegetables for my Kids , so they won’t pick and keep aside. I do preparation day before like Cooking Pasta ( In pressure cooker) and Chop vegetables and refrigerate.
3. BLACK EYED BEAN ROTI ( LOBIYA) with CARROT RAITA . Mix everything and prepare roti . No need to rest the dough . These roti’s will stay soft at room temeprature . Pack with Carrot raita. Perfect combination for roti’s .
4. GREEN MOONG POHA( FLATTENED RICE )WITH VEGETABLES is a One pot meal . Cook Green Moong day before and refrigerate . So it won’t get mushy while preparing. Add grated raw mango at the end for little tangy taste. Kids are going to like the sweet and soft bite of Green Moong with other Ingredients .
5. IDLI WITH MIXED NUTS CHUTNEY or COCONUT RAITA . Soak Dals and Rice for 2 hours, Grind( It will take 5 minutes) and ferment Overnight. You can prepare Idli’s day before and refrigerate. Warm for 1 minute before you pack for Lunch Box or you can steam in the morning. it will take 13 minutes to steam. Prepare Coconut raita day before and refrigerate . It will come to room temperature by Lunch time.