Eggless Whole wheat Pineapple Cake – Kids lunch Box Dessert
10 more days for School . I’m enjoying Baking with my Kids. Last week we baked Egg less pineapple cake with Wholewheat flour. It is Moist with Crispy crust. Now my kids had list of Dessert’s that I need to pack in their Lunch Box. Last whole year I packed Ladoo’s prepared with Nuts and seeds for Lunch Box and After school snack. This year they want me to pack both . This Pineapple Cake is a two layer recipe. The whole batter is mixed with Pineapple and we divided it into two parts. The bottom layer has Coconut flavor and the top with Chocolate flavor. Instead of butter and Oil we added Ghee . If you don’t like Ghee you can use Oil . We baked for 40 minutes and tooth pick came out clean . If it doesn’t come clean Bake for 10 more minutes. Here is the simple recipe .
8 Servings. Preparation time : 15 minutes Baking time : 40 minutes and 10 Minutes if tooth pick didn’t come out Clean .
1. Whole wheat flour – 1 1/4 th cup
2. Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
3. Salt – Pinch
4. Chocolate powder – 2 tbsp ( Swiss miss)
5. Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
6. Pine apple juice – 1 cup
8.Ghee – 5 tbsp or 2 tbsp Oil and 3 tbsp Ghee
9. Brown sugar – 3/4 th cup or Coconut sugar or Sweetner of your choice ( Taste the batter and add accordingly)
10. Dry Coconut – 1/4 th cup
1. In a Bowl mix Whole wheat flour, Baking soda and Salt .
2. In a large Bowl Cream Brown sugar , Ghee and Vanilla essence . Add Pineapple juice and give a good stir.
3.Gradually add dry Ingredients to wet Ingredients and Mix well.
4. In half batter add Dry Coconut . In the remaining half batter add Chocalate powder and Mix well .
5. Grease Loaf pan well with Ghee or Oil .
6. Pour half the batter( Coconut mixed) into Loaf pan . Spoon the Chocolate powder batter on top . Use a tooth pick and swirl the batter around.
7. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Bake for 40 Minutes . Extra 10 minutes if tooth pick didn’t come out clean.