1. MIXED MILK PUDDING is a Dessert which looks rich but a very light Dessert offered during festivals as Naivedyam to God.
2. MANGO RICE
1 . Cooked rice – 2 cups
2. Grated raw mango – 1 cup , Green chilies – 4 , Curry leaves
3. Salt , Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
4. Oil – 2 tbsp
5. Seasoning – Urad dal – 1 tbsp , Channa dal – 2 tbsp , mustard seeds and Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp and Broken red chillies – 4
6. Fresh or Dry coconut – 1/4 th cup
7. Roasted Peanuts – Handful
1. Heat Oil and add Channa dal followed by Mustard seeds , Cumin seeds , Urad dal , Broken red chillies, Green chillies and Curry leaves.
2. Add Turmeric to the Oil , raw mango and fry for Couple of minutes .
3. Add Cooked rice . Mix gently . Season with Salt .
4. Finally add roasted Peanuts.
3. MIXED DAL VADA with SWEET VERMICELLI:
2. Wash 3 to 4 times and Grind with Green chillies , Ginger and Salt without water.
2. Add finely chopped Spinach and Chopped Cabbage .
3. Heat 1/2 cup to 1 cup Oil .
4. When the Oil is warm enough take handful of batter and shape like Vada and slide slowly into the warm Oil .
5. Fry till golden Brown on both sides. Transfer to plate lined with paper towel to absorb excess Oil.
RECIPE FOR SWEET VERMICELLI :
1. Dry roast 1 cup Vermicelli in 1/2 tbsp Ghee .
2. Transfer to a Bowl.
3. Add 2 cups water to the sauce pan and bring to boil . Add vermicelli and cook until soft.
4. Switch off the stove and add Jaggery or Brown sugar, Powdered Cardamom.
5. finish off with 1 more tbsp Ghee and Roasted Cashews , almonds and Pistachio’s .
4. COCONUT RICE , BLACK EYED BEAN SUNDAL and VERMICELLI KHEER .
5 . CHANNA DAL KHEER