Dessert with Apples or APPLE DESSERT with Crispy Crust – HEALTHY After school Snack /Kids Lunch Box Dessert
I pack apple for Lunch Box as a Dessert . Sometimes my Kids eat as After School snack . I have leftover Bread packet which is expiring in 2 days and Bag of Apples . I prepare Sooji Halwa for Weekend Lunch and for festivals and to satisfy Sweet Cravings. This time I tried a new recipe with Apples and ALMONDS and wrapped in Bread for extra Crispiness. or Pour in a greased Pan . Cool and cut into Pieces .You can prepare Apple Almond Halwa in your free time and Wrap in Bread and refrigerate. Just Pan fry before you Serve. Kids are going to like this new Crispy stuffed bread with Apple Almond Halwa. Here is a Simple recipe with everyday Ingredients. Just follow my recipe to enjoy a tasty Apple Halwa .
Recipe for 15 . Preparation and Cooking time – Less than 30 minutes .
1. Sooji ( Semolina ) or Fine wheat rava( Cracked wheat) or Roasted wheat rava upma – 1/2 cup
2. Whole wheat Vermicelli – 1/2 cup
3. Apples – 2 ( Grated)
4. Milk – 2 cups
5. Jaggery – 1/2 to 3/4 th cup or accordingly or Combination of Jaggery and sugar.- 3/4 th cup
6. Ghee – 2 tbsp
7. Crushed Almonds – 1/2 cup
8. Raisins – Big handful
9. Powdered cardamom – 6
10 .Bread Slices – Whole wheat or whole grain
1. Dry roast Vermicelli and Sooji or Wheat rava( cracked wheat ) in 1/2 tbsp Ghee and transfer to a Bowl .
2. Heat 1/2 tbsp Ghee and roast Grated Apples. Transfer to Sooji Bowl .Add Milk to the sauce pan and Bring to boil.
3. Once milk comes to Boil add Roasted vermicelli ,Sooji, , Crushed almonds and Apple mixture slowly and mix without lumps.
4. Once cooked switch off the stove and add Jaggery , sugar , Raisins ,Cardamom powder and Ghee . Mix well . Taste for sweetness and add accordingly .
5.Cool the Apple Almond Halwa and divide into 15 equal portions and shape them like Balls.
NOTE : You can grease a pan with little Ghee and Pour the Apple Almond Halwa . Set with the help of Spoon . Cool and cut into Pieces .
NOTE : If you want a Crispy crust , then Stuff in the Bread and Pan fry .
6. Remove the crust of the Bread . Sprinkle water on Bread slice and press between your hands.
7. Place the apple almond halwa ball in the middle of the ball and seal the edges . Flatten them .
8. Heat Pan with little Ghee and Pan fry the stuffed bread . Sprinkle sugar on top of each stuffed Bread. Pan fry until golden brown . SERVE WARM .