Coconut Pistachio Ladoo – 10 minute Dessert ( Cooking time) Diwali Dessert/ Kids Lunch Box Dessert/After school Snack
You can add Carrot, Grated Apple, Pear, Beetroot or Sweet Potato . I’m going to try all these combinations with Coconut and will Update . I can say it is one of the easiest and tastiest Dessert recipe. It takes only 10 minute Cooking time and 5 Ingredients recipe. Preparation is just transferring things into the pan all at a time except couple of ingredients you need to add at the end .Stirring in between and not continuously . I remember eating this Dessert during festival time when we have lot of Coconuts after offering to the god. I remember me and my sisters helping my mother in grating coconut and stirring till it thickens. Good old days. Now I do this alone after Kids goes to school . There is no Holiday for festivals . But they do help and enjoy in decorating . Love the smell of house with Agarbathi and festival food. I didn’t prepare this for long time as I don’t buy fresh coconut because it is difficult to break and didn’t like the frozen one. I prepared just a sample before ( 10 ladoo’s) Diwali with dry coconut . They turned out good . I’m going to make a big batch to share with friends . Here is the simple recipe with 5 ingredients.
You all might have tasted Coconut Burfi , Do try this delicious and tasty Coconut Pistachio Ladoo. It is little chewy and tasty .
Recipe for 10 medium Ladoo’s.
Preparation time – 5 minutes Cooking time – 10 Minutes
1 cup – One measuring cup
1. Dry coconut flakes – 1 1/2 Cup
2. Jaggery – 1 cup or accordingly or Sweetner of your choice. or Brown sugar
3. Milk – 2 cups
4. Ghee – 1 tbsp
5. Pistachio’s crushed – 1/2 cup
6. Cardamom – 6 Powdered
1. Transfer Dry coconut , Powdered Jaggery and Milk into a pan . Mix well . Cook on a Medium high flame . Stir in between to avoid burning. Cook until it becomes thick ( takes less than 10 minutes .)
2 . Switch off the stove and add Crushed Pistachio’s , Ghee and Powdered Cardamom .
3. Mix gently . Taste little and add Jaggery accordingly if needed .
4. Cool and mix in between .
5. Once cooled take a handful and shape Ladoo’s. Enjoy .