Pasta in Spinach Nuts sauce and without cheese – Instant Pot
I tried this recipe on stove top few months back and the same thing I tried in Instant Pot for Yesterday’s Lunch without Cheese , so I can pack for Kids Lunch Box( They like Pasta at least twice a week in Lunch Box and easy for me to Cook in the morning rush hour) ) . It turned out good without burnt bottom. When ever we cook in IP we have to make sure to add sufficient water so it won’t burnt and at the same time sauce cooks perfectly and don’t smell raw . Kids like Pasta with Sauce and I’m hiding all bland vegetables which they don’t like to eat ( Now they got used to eating everything ) and they can’t pick and keep aside because the Vegetables gets blended in the Sauce . Spice up the sauce with little Sambar powder or Rasam Powder so it won’t overpower the sauce and taste good with little Black pepper and Mixed Italian herbs. Check my recipe how much water and milk to add . You can soak the nuts for an hour ( Because of Health reasons) or you can grind roasted nuts directly with Milk and water . I added good amount of Spinach and don’t forget to add some deseeded tomato at the end for color and taste. Here is the Simple recipe with few Ingredients.
Recipe for 3
1. Whole grain Pasta – 1 cup( Measuring cup)
2. Water – 1 1/2 cup ( to cook Pasta – PIP)
3. Milk – 8 Ounces and Water – 8 Ounces ( To cook the sauce)
4. Spinach – 3 Big handfuls ( Finely Chopped) , Roma tomatoes – 2 ( Deseeded and Chopped)
5. Spices – Rasam or Sambar powder ( 1/2 tbsp ) , Black pepper and Italian Mix herbs – 1/2 tbsp
7. Oil – 2 tbsp
8. Cashews and Almonds – 10 each
9. Flour of your choice – 2 tbsp to thicken the sauce
1. Wash Pasta 3 to 4 times and transfer to a Steel Bowl and add Water .( We are cooking Pasta along with Sauce . PIP method)
2. Chop Spinach , Tomatoes and gather all Ingredients.
3. Grind Almonds and Cashews into fine powder and add Milk and grind One more time . Add Water .
4. Turn IP on Saute mode . When warm add Oil followed by Flour . Fry for a minute . Add Nuts milk slowly and mix without Lumps. Add all the liquid . Keep Pasta Bowl along with Sauce .
5 . Cancel Saute button. Press Manual for 4 Minutes . Unplug when you see Low . NPR ( after 5 minutes ) .O pen the lid.
6. Take out the Pasta Bowl .
7. Add Rasam powder and Salt . Taste the sauce . If needed add Salt and Spices .
8 Add Pasta , Chopped Spinach . Cover with lid and Cook for 2 minutes ( saute mode).
9. If needed add Pasta water to the Sauce .
10 . Add chopped tomatoes , Black pepper and Italian Mixed Herbs.
Cover for 5 minutes before you Serve . So the tomatoes and Spinach will cook for some more time. Serve warm.