MIXED MILK PUDDING – DESSERT – INSTANT POT with BAJRA LENTILS PAKORA- Not Deep fried ( Holiday Lunch)
Try this Mixed milk pudding with Apple when ever you crave for Dessert or for sudden guests or After school snack or during festivals. No stirring and No burnt bottom . You don’t need to do any Cooking only gathering Ingredients .By the time I finished preparing Bajra Lentil Pakora my Dessert was ready . This is one of our favorite Desserts that I like to prepare Over weekends and to satisfy sudden Sweet Cravings. I added Sabudana . If you don’t have time for Soaking you can skip . It taste good with and without Sabudana . Bajra Lentil Pakora are easy to prepare( 5 main Ingredients) and Kids are going to like them because of little tangy taste. Grind the batter day before and refrigerate . Add vegetables before you prepare . Bring to room temperature so they will cook evenly and won’t be raw in the middle . Shared recipe at the end.
Recipe for 3 .
1. Milk – 18 Ounces ( 3 glasses)
2. Whole wheat Vermicelli – Handful
3. Semolina ( sooji) – 2 tbsp
4. Sabudana – Handful ( Soaked) optional for an hour or overnight
5. Jaggery ( Brown sugar) -1/2 cup or accordingly
6. Cardamom – 4 ( Powdered)
7. Raisins – Handful
8. Roasted store bought nuts – Cashews , Almonds and Pistachio’s etc 2 Handfuls( Crushed slightly)
9. Ghee – 1/2 tbsp
10. Apples – 2 ( Peeled and Chopped) Note : Sometimes apple will curdle the milk. Once you finish cooking. Take the inner pot out . Cool some time and add Grated and chopped apples along with Jaggery or Brown sugar.
1. Turn IP to Saute mode . When warm add Ghee . Roast Vermicelli and Semolina( Sooji) and sabudana . When light brown add Milk . Mix well . Scrape the bottom .
2. Cancel saute . Cover with lid . MANUAL 4 minutes . When you see silver button pops up , Unplug it . NPR ( 5 minutes) when the silver button drops down.
3. Open the lid and add Roasted chopped Nuts, Cardamom Powder. Cool sometime and add Chopped apples and Jaggery ( Brown Sugar) . Taste for sweetness and add accordingly .
SERVE Warm or at Room temperature.
Recipe for 24 Pakora .
Preparation time : 15 minutes Day Before Cooking time : Less than 15 minutes
1. Urad dal – 1 Cup
2. Split Green moong dal – 1 cup Note : I have used Half of the batter to prepare the Pakora .
3. Bajra flour – 1/4 th cup or Oats – 1/4 th cup
4. Yogurt ( curd) – 3 tbsp
5. Chopped Vegetables – Onion , Color Bell peppers and Grated Carrots.
6. Finely chopped Coriander
7 . Salt
8. Oil – 1 tbsp
9. green chilli paste and Chopped Ginger
1. Soak Urad dal , Split green moong dal for an hour or two . Wash 3 to 4 times and grind with very little water and Salt . Transfer to a Bowl .
2. To half of the batter add Bajra flour or Oats , Yogurt ( curd ) , salt , Chopped vegetables, Green Chilli paste , Chopped Ginger and finely chopped Coriander. Mix well . Taste for Salt and Spices and add accordingly .
3. Heat the paniyaram pan on Medium heat. Grease each cavity with little Oil . When warm enough pour 3 tbsp batter in each cavity .
4. When the bottom is light Brown flip and drizzle Oil on each Pakora . Cook on four sides .
5. Serve with Dates Tamarind Chutney or ONION Chutney . ( Sweet and Sour Chutney)
RECIPE Link for Onions Nuts Chutney .
RECIPE LINK FOR 10 INDIAN DESSERTS IN INSTANT POT :