Paneer Butter Masala with 2 New Ingredients – INSTANT POT
Paneer Butter Masala that I’m sharing today is a simple recipe prepared in 3 easy steps. Roast , Grind and Cook . I added fresh Masala powder by roasting the spices . The difference from a regular recipe is that I added couple more ingredients for Color , taste and sneaking in more Vegetables in the gravy . It is not going to be sweet because spices will supress the sweet taste of the gravy . I added Yogurt instead of cream at the end for tangy taste . You can prepare the gravy ahead of time and refrigerate. Cook before you serve . Takes less time to Cook in Instant Pot and enjoy a Warm and tasty Paneer Butter Masala with Phulka( Indian Bread) or Plain Paratha . Here is the simple recipe .
RECIPE for 3 to 4 .
1. Paneer – 24 cubes
2. Onion – 1 medium ( Finely chopped)
3. Tomatoes – 3 ( Cook for 3 minutes in microwave . No need to peel the skin )
4. Baby Carrots – 10
5. Water – 1 1/2 cup
6. Salt and Turmeric
7. Finely chopped Coriander and Dry fenugreek leaves to add at the end
8. Yogurt( Curd) – 1/2 cup
9 . Spices to roast – Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp , Coriander seeds – 1/2 tbsp , Red chillies – 2 , Cloves – 3 , Cardamom – 3 , Cinnamon stick – small , 2 tbsp dry coconut , cashews nuts – 10 or Cashews and almonds – 10
10. Oil – 2 tbsp
11. Red chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp and Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tbsp
1. Roast the Spices mentioned under Spices to roast . Cool and transfer to a blender and grind into a fine powder . Add 1/2 cup Water and grind into fine Paste . Add carrots and boiled tomatoes and grind with half cup water . Add half more cup water to the blender . Total 1 1/2 cups water .
2. Turn IP into saute mode . When warm Oil followed by Cumin seeds. When Cumin seeds crackle add finely chopped Onions. Season with Salt and Turmeric. Mix . Cover with a glass lid and fry until light brown .
3. Add the gravy slowly . Add red chilli powder and garam masala powder . Mix well . Cancel saute and Press manual for 4 minutes . NPR after 5 minutes .
4. Open the lid carefully . Cool the gravy for a while and add Yogurt and fried Paneer . Taste the gravy for Salt and Spices and add accordingly .
5. Add finely chopped coriander and dried fenugreek Leaves . Serve warm with Phulka or Plain Paratha .