Paneer Capsicum Curry with Mixed Nuts and Vegetable Biryani – Instant Pot – PIP with Phulka and Vegetable Raita .
Quick , easy and healthy Dinner idea perfect for the busiest of weeknights . In IP – PIP. Saves a lot of time and your Dinner is ready in no time. Minimal prep time and enjoy your Dinner without worrying about cleaning dishes and you can prepare entire meal in 2 pots. Instead of cooking Plain rice with Paneer capsicum curry I tried Vegetable Biryani with Curry . It cooked Perfectly and I served with Phulka and vegetable Raita. Next time when you don’t have time or just want to prepare simple dinner or Week end Lunch or to pack for Lunch Box try this PIP method . Less cooking time and need some Preparation time . I added the Mixed nuts spice powder to the curry . I always keep 3 to 4 spice powders in my refrigerator to add at the end of curries or stir fry vegetables or stuff vegetables and takes less time to cook and less cleaning time. Apart from using two pots to cook Curry and Biryani I used one more pan to prepare tadka for Biryani and simple tadka for Vegetable raita for pan frying Paneer . So 3 pots to clean at the end of meal . Here are 2 simple recipes to prepare with few and everyday ingredients from your pantry .
Recipe for 3 to 4 .
1. Paneer – 24 cubes
2. Colored Bell peppers ( Capsicum) – 3 Medium ( Yellow , Orange , Red or Green)
3. Tomatoes – 5 small or 3 Big – chopped
4. Onion – medium ( finely chopped )
5. Oil – 1 tbsp and Ghee – 1/2 tbsp
6. Spices to roast and grind – Roast Handful of Mixed Nuts, Peanuts – 20 , Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp , Cumin and Coriander seeds – 1/2 tbsp each , Red chillies – 2 . Cool and grind into fine powder .
7. Finely chopped corainder and Mint leaves
8. Pav Bhaji masala or Garam Masala – 1/2 to 3/4 tbsp
1. Basmati rice – 1 cup ( Soak for 1/2 hour and wash 3 to 4 times) or Daliya or quinoa or Grains of your choice .
2. Water – cup
3. Oil – 2 tbsp and ghee – 1/2 tbsp
4. Tomatoes – 2 ( chopped)
5. Green Peas – 1/2 cup
6. Whole Garam Masala – 1 tbsp Cumin seeds , 3 cloves , 3 cardamom , Bay leaf and Small cinnamon stick
7. Chopped Coriander and Mint leaves
8. Onion – small ( thinly sliced)
9. Ginger and crushed garlic – 3 cloves
10 . Vegetables of your choice
METHOD : For PANEER CAPSICUM CURRY and VEGETABLE BIRYANI – PIP
1. Gather all ingredients for Preparing Paneer Curry and Vegetable Biryani .
2. Wash rice and add water . Add salt . Taste water for salt and add accordingly . To the Rice Bowl add Chopped tomatoes , Green Peas , Vegetables .
3. Heat 2 tbsp Oil and add Whole Garam Masala . Add this to Rice Bowl . Mix gently . If you want add Biryani Masala too 1/2 tbsp to 3/4 th tbsp .
4. PANNER CAPSICUM CURRY : 1. Turn IP on saute mode . When warm add Oil followed by Cumin seeds and Onions . Season with Salt and Turmeric .
2. When Onions are light Brown add Chopped Capsicum, Chopped tomatoes and Pav Bhaji masala or Garam Masala .
3. Cancel Saute Button . Press rice mode or 15 minutes Manual .
4. NPR ( it takes 5 minutes) . Wait for 5 to 10 minutes and open the lid . Take out Biryani Bowl . Cool it a bit. Add ghee and Mix gently or fluff it up or transfer to a glass Bowl .
5. Add Spice Powder to Paneer capsicum curry . Cool a little bit and add 2 tbsp Yogurt(curd) , Fried Paneer , Chopped coriander and Mint leaves . Taste for Salt and spices and add accordingly .
Serve the Paneer capsicum Curry with Phulka( Indian Bread) and Vegetable Biryani and Yogurt raita ( Yogurt with vegetables)