Apple Pudding with Baked Vegetable Pockets – Instant Pot – KIDS LUNCH BOX
Our weekend Lunch will be incomplete without a Dessert . So every weekend I try some new dessert with the ingredients that are available in my refrigerator and pantry . I keep bag of Apples to pack for Kids Lunch Box ( One of my kids favorite fruit) . After I bought IP I’m getting new ideas to use apple in Desserts . That’s how I came up with the recipe. Last minute I got the idea of adding toasted Bread to the Pudding so it will look rich and taste good too. In Bread pudding Bread is shallow fried in Ghee . Instead I toasted in a toaster and added at the end. So it will be Crispy . Add Bread of your Choice. I like the taste of Jaggery in Desserts. If I don’t have any Dessert I just add some Jaggery to Milk and Cardamom powder to satisfy my Sweet Cravings. Along with Apple I added few more ingredients for rich taste. Don’t forget to add Ghee and cardamom which are must for Indian Desserts and adds nice aroma , flavor and taste. Here is the Simple recipe that you can try for your Weekend Dessert .
1. Apples – 3 ( peeled and chopped)
2. Bread of your choice ( Not deep fried . I toasted in toaster ) – 4 to 6 slices
3. Roasted Whole wheat Vermicelli – 1/4 th cup
4. Ghee – 1 tbsp
5. Raisins – Handful
6. Chopped Nuts – 1/2 cup and Pumpkin seeds – Handful for garnishing
7. Brown Sugar or Jaggery or Sweetner of your choice – according to your taste ( add at the end) or 1/2 cup
8. Cardamom powder – 6
9. Milk – 24 Ounces
1. Turn IP on saute mode . When warm add 1/2 tbsp ghee , Chopped nuts , Raisins , Vermicelli . Fry for a minute .
2. Add Milk , Cardamom powder . Mix . Close the IP with lid .
3. Cancel saute and Press manual 4 minutes. NPR ( after 5 minutes)
4. Open the lid and add Jaggery powder or Sweetner of your choice , Ghee , Pumpkin seeds , toasted Bread pieces and Chopped Apples .
5. Taste for Sweetness and add accordingly . Add 1/2 more tbsp Ghee .
1. Onion – medium ( finely chopped)
2. Freshly Grated Ginger and Garlic – 1 tbsp
3. Green Chilli paste – 1 tbsp
4. Chopped Vegetables – Green Beans ( 2 Hanfuls) finely chopped , Chopped Baby carrots – 10 , Green Pieces – 1/2 cup , Colored Bell peppers – 1/2 cup finely chopped , Finely chopped Potato – 2
5. Sambar Powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp and Mango powder , Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
6. Oil – 1 tbsp
7. Finely chopped coriander and Mint leaves
1. Turn IP on saute mode . When warm add Oil followed by Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds and Finely chopped Onions . Season with salt and turmeric. When Onions are light Brown add Crushed Ginger and Garlic .
2. Add finely chopped Vegetables ( Green peas, Carrots, Green Beans, Chopped Bell peppers etc) and diced potatoes. Add Rasam or Sambar powder. Mix well . ( I didn’t add any spices because of my Kids) .
3. Cancel Saute . Manual 3 minutes . NPR .
4. Mash the vegetables lightly with Potato masher . Add mango powder and finely chopped coriander . Taste for Salt and spices and add accordingly .
5. Transfer to a wide Bowl for cooling.
OUTER COVERING :
1. Add 2 measuring cups Whole wheat flour to a Bowl. Add salt and mix well . Add 2 to 5 tbsp Oil to flour ( If you want flaky outer covering add 4 to 5 tbsp Oil) . Mix well . Add water slowly and mix like a Chapathi dough .
2. No need to rest the dough .
3. Take a medium size dough and roll like chapathi .
4. Cut the chapathi into Half .
5. Place 3 tbsp or more cooled curry . Fold and seal the edges with fingers. You can use fork too . Repeat the process with the rest of dough and Curry .
1.Line the Baking tray with parchment paper and place the Vegetable Pockets . Brush with little Oil for Color .
2. Preheat the oven .
3. Bake them at 360 degrees for 10 minutes on each side .
4. Once done Baking I left them in the Oven for extra crispiness.
5. Serve with Kethcup or Dates tamarind chutney .