10 Minutes Vegetable Pasta . Cooked in Layers – Dinner/Kids Lunch Box – Instant Pot – 5 Main Ingredients
I cooked in LAYERS . Perfectly cooked PASTA and NON MUSHY VEGETABLES with a touch of Spices . No water left and no burnt bottom .
I have Zucchini and Asparagus that I need to finish before Weekend . Perfect match for these vegetables are Pasta and Spaghetti . So I tried with whole grain Spiral Pasta . This is my first dry version recipe of Pasta in Instant Pot. Less time to cook and 5 minutes to gather and chop Vegetables . Whenever I try new recipe in Instant Pot I stay in the kitchen till I unplug it . Don’t want to see burnt sign .Pasta cooked perfectly with the sauce and water I added . No burnt bottom. This is the third Pasta recipe I tried in INSTANT POT . My kids bring empty Lunch Box when ever I pack Pasta in their Lunch Box. Easy for me to Cook in the morning as it is so cold and I don’t feel like spending time to prepare Lunch Box.You can even try for Dinner when ever you don’t like cooking Indian Meal . I added good amount of vegetables. Adding Cheese is Optional . It taste good with and without cheese. Here is the Simple recipe for 3 with Papad Chaat :
Recipe for 2 . Preparation and Cooking time – Less than 10 minutes
1. Spiral colorful Pasta ( Whole wheat or whole grain ) Or Whole grain Penne Pasta – 6 Handfuls or One Measuring cup
2. Water – Half cup ,. Tomato sauce or Marinara sauce or Salsa – 1/2 cup or One cup WATER if you don’t have tomato sauce , Tomato Ketchup – 1/4 th cup
3. Indian Spices ( I add Rasam powder so it won’t be spicy for my Kids ) – 1/2 to 1 tbsp tbsp , Black Pepper , Mixed Herbs ( add at the end) , Parsely , Basil ,Oregano and Red pepper flakes
4. Cheese – Mozzarelle and Cream cheese – 2 tbsp to add at the end
5. VEGETABLES : Zucchini – 2 ( chunky) So they will hold shape and won’t be mushy . Asparagus , Shallots- 3 ( thinly sliced) and Crushed Garlic -4 , Roma Tomatoes – 3 ( Chop into 18 pieces) so they hold shape and won’t be mushy and Bell peppers .
6 . Oil – 1 tbsp
7. Spinach – 2 big handfuls ( to add at the end . Finely chopped)
1. Turn IP on Saute mode . When warm add Oil, Red pepper flakes and crushed Garlic . Fry for a minute . Add thinly sliced shallots . Fry for couple of minutes .
2. Add Water and tomato sauce or JUST WATER. Add washed Pasta , Rasam powder ( or Red chilli powder , Cumin and Coriander powder) and Ketchup . Mix well .
2. Add chopped Bel peppers , Zucchini , Asparagus, chopped tomato on TOP OF PASTA . DON’T MIX .
4. Cancel Saute . Manual 5 minutes . NPR ( after 5 minutes) .
5. Add Mixed Herbs( 1 tbsp) Mix . Taste for salt and Spices and add accordingly .
ADD Mozzarella Cheese, Cream Cheese and Finely chopped Spinach .
1. Heat Pressure cooker on medium heat . When warm add Oil , garlic , red pepper flakes followed by shallots. Fry for a minute.
2. Add salt , Tomato sauce , water , Sambar powder , Washed pasta . Mix well .
3. Layer vegetables. Bell pepper , Asparagus , Zucchini and Tomato. Don’t mix.
4. Close lid and cook for 2 whistles.
5. Release pressure naturally .
6. Add Ketchup , Mixed herbs , Mozzarella Cheese, Cream cheese and finely chopped spinach . Mix gently .
TASTE for salt and spices and add accordingly.
Cool and Pack for Lunch Box.