Stuffed Banana Peppers with Walnut Sesame Powder . Instant Pot – Side for Roti ( Indian Bread)
Each and every post has a story to share. Banana Peppers are must in my grocery list because they are Zero Spicy and my Kids like to eat with their dinner. As I’m cooking regularly in Instant Pot I decided to try Banana Peppers . I didn’t add any water because I don’t want Steamed Peppers but rather roasted one. I stay in Kitchen till I unplug it . I didn’t get any Burnt sign and you won’t see the SILVER BUTTON pops up . Instead I added WASHED PEPPERS to the STEEL POT with OIL . They got soft with water from washed Peppers. I opened the Lid after 5 minutes. Happy to see cooked and Roasted PEPPERS. Thought I will share this recipe with you . I’m sharing stuffing too. Our meal will be incomplete without Rasam or Raita or Pickled Vegetables. They enhance the taste of the meal. For yesterday’s dinner I prepared AMARANTH LEAVES stir fry ( One of our favorite GREEN leafy vegetable) with Stuffed peppers , Blackeyed Beans and Paratha( Indian Bread) . Here is the simple recipe .
RECIPE LINK for AMARANTH LEAVES STIR FRY :
1. Stuffed Banana Peppers – 4 to 6 ( Medium and thin) Wash and make a slit in the middle
2. Oil – 2 tbsp
3. Stuffing – Dry roast 2 handfuls of Walnuts and Peanuts. Transfer to a Bowl or Store bought Roasted Peanuts. In the same pan dry roast 2 tbsp sesame seeds , 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds and 1/2 tbsp Coriander seeds. Cool and grind with 3 cloves of Garlic , Handful of dry coconut , Tamarind , Salt and 1 tbsp Red chilli powder .
1. Add 2 tbsp Oil to Steel pot and Place Banana Peppers in a single layer.
2. Close the lid .
3. Press manual 4 minutes . count down 4 . Unplug.
I stayed in the Kitchen till I unplug it . No burnt sign. You won’t see silver button pops up as I didn’t added water because I don’t want steamed Peppers but roasted one. They got soft with the water from washed Peppers and roasted with Oil we added in the steel pot .
4. Open the lid after 5 minutes. Make sure they are soft with the help of knife and roasted .
5. Transfer to a plate. Cool and stuff with WALNUT PEANUT SESAME powder .