Trying to minimize the vessels( and Heavy Pan which we can’t clean in Dish washer) to clean at the end of cooking . No stirring , No Monitoring in between and No mess cooking .Clean Kitchen stove. After I bought Instant pot I was thinking why not to try cooking in our Old kitchen gadget ( Pressure cooker) . Though I buy new equipment but still love cooking in Pressure cooker. Check my recipe how much water , vegetables and spices to add to enjoy this tasty Capsicum Masala curry with Phulka ( Indian Bread) . Here is the simple recipe with 5 main ingredients and everyday ingredients from your pantry .
Recipe for 3 .
Preparation time – 15 minutes and Cooking time – 10 minutes on Medium High and 3 whistles.
1. Capsicum ( Color Bell peppers) – 2 , Green Beans , Carrots and Green peas – 1/2 cup or more
2. VEGETABLES :
Onion – 1 ( thinly sliced) , Green chillies – 3 ( whole) ,Garlic cloves – 6 ( Peeled and Crushed ) and Ginger – small piece ( Grated)
Potatoes – 4 ( Peeled and Cubed – 16 pieces)
Tomatoes – 4 ( Grind with Half measuring cup water )
3. Water – 1/2 more cup ( Measuring cup) to add at the end
4 . Dry roast 20 cashews , 1 tbsp sesame seeds . grind with Handful dry coconut
5. SPICE POWDERS :
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tbsp , Samabr powder – 1/2 tbsp and Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
6. Oil – 1 tbsp
7. Salt and Turmeric
8 . Curd( Yogurt) – 1/2 measuring cup for tangy taste
9. Finely chopped Coriander and Mint leaves
1. Chop the vegetables( Onions, Tomatoes and Capsicum ( Bell pepper) .
2. Grind roasted Cashews , Sesame seeds and coconut . Transfer to a Bowl .
3. In the same blender grind tomatoes with Half measuring cup water .
4. Heat Pressure cooker on medium high . When warm add Oil followed by Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds. Add thinly sliced Onions, . Season with salt and turmeric. Mix well . Fry for couple of minutes.
5. Add Green chillies , Crushed garlic and ginger. Mix and fry .
6. Add Capsicum , Potatoes and tomato puree . Add Red chilli powder , Sambar powder and Garam Masala and 1/2 more cup water .
7. Close the lid . Cook on Medium High for 3 whistles.
8. When Pressure comes down . Open the lid and add Cashew sesame powder . Mix well .
9. Cool for some time and add Curd , finely chopped Coriander and Mint leaves .
10. Taste for salt and spices and add accordingly.
Serve with Phulka or Plain Paratha .