Stuffed Eggplant Chickpeas Biryani – Instant pot – 5 Main Ingredients
If you are like me who doesn’t want to spend much time to prepare Lunch Box or Dinner try this One pot meal with Stuffed eggplant and Chickpeas. Instead of cooking separate curry to pack with grains , I added Stuffed Eggplants ( Stuff with spice powder of your choice or with Garlic Chutney powder) , so they won’t taste bland when you take a bite. I was worried whether Eggplants ( I added medium thin Eggplants ) will cook with rice. To my surprise they cooked perfectly . I have cooked Chickpeas in refrigerator , so I added to the Biryani ( I always keep cooked Beans in the refrigerator to add to curries, Salads , Rice recipes , Chaat etc) . For spice powder you can add Biryani Masala or Garam Masala or Sambar powder . I sometimes add Sambar powder , so it won’t be strong for my kids. I cooked in 6 qt and added 15 Eggplants . Next time i will add more as my kids liked to eat with Biryani. You can try with rice of your choice ( white Basmati rice or Brown Basmati rice ) . Serve or Pack with Carrot Raita. Perfect combination . Here is the simple recipe with 5 main ingredients.
PERFECTLY COOKED RICE and EGGPLANT WITH NO WATER LEFT AND NO BURNT BOTTOM
Recipe for 3 to 4 . Preparation and Cooking time : 20 minutes
1. White or Brown Basmati rice – 1 Cup
2. Water – 1 1/2 cup
3. Chickpeas – One can drained and rinsed
4. Eggplants – Medium 15 to 20
5. Tomatoes – 2 ( Chopped)
6. Potatoes – 2 ( Peeled and chopped into small cubes)
7. Oil – 3 tbsp and Ghee – 2 tbsp
8. Salt to taste
9. Garam Masala or Biryani Masala or Sambar powder – 1 tbsp and Red Chilli powder
and Garlic chutney powder or any spice powder of your choice to stuff Eggplants .( In a mortar pestol add red chilli powder , coriander and cumin powder and 2 cloves of garlic and coriander . To stuff the EGGPLANTS)
10 . Whole Garam Masala : Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp , Cloves – 5 , Cardamom – 3 , Cinnamon stick – One small , Bay leaves – 2
1. Soak rice. Wash 3 to 4 times. Add water and Salt to rice. Taste water for salt .
2. Wash Eggplants and make a slit and stuff with Spice powder .
3. Turn IP on saute mode . When warm add Oil and Ghee . Add cumin seeds, Cardamom , cloves, Cinnamon stick , Bay leaves.
4. Add Onions and fry for couple minutes. Add Ginger ,garlic paste and Green chilli paste . Fry until raw smell goes.
5. Add finely chopped Onions and cook until soft. Add Biryani masala powder , Red chilli powder or Sambar powder. Mix well .
6. Add Stuffed Eggplants , Chopped Potato, Rice with water. Mix gently .
7. Cancel saute. Close with the lid. Rice mode . NPR . Serve with Carrot raita .
RECIPE FOR CARROT RAITA. :
Add 1/4 th cup finely chopped onions, One chopped tomato , Grated carrots, Chopped coriander and salt to 2 cups Yogurt ( curd) . Heat 1 tbsp Oil and add 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds. Cool and add to the Raita .