Instant pot Sweet Potato curry /Raw Banana/Taro root ( 5 ingredients ) – Side for Roti and 10 Sweet Potato recipes
I use Sweet Potato in my everyday cooking. I tried so many recipes with Sweet Potato . I add in Rasam , Dal , Desserts, Sweet Potato wrap and I even tried Sweet Potato Dosa for Breakfast. Shared Links at the end of the post. Today I tried Sweet Potato curry in Instant pot . We like to eat with Steamed rice, Ghee and Papad. Even kids will eat without troubling. We all cook this on stove top by adding water now and then to get right consistency . In today’s recipe I added all at the same time after sauting Onions with right measurements. Check recipe for the amount of water to add for right consistency and no burnt bottom. Once you peel the skin of Sweet potato , it may be difficult to cut into big chunks. After peeling the skin wrap Sweet Potato in a wet paper towel and microwave for one minute. Now it is easy to Peel and chop . I added tamarind for tangy taste and Jaggery ( Brown sugar ) to balance the flavors. Here is the Simple recipe with few ingredients.
Easy to prepare and tasty CURRY with SWEET POTATO . ONCE YOU TRY you will cook the same way again and again .
RECIPE for 4 . Preparation time : 10 minutes
1. Sweet Potato – 2 or Raw Banana – 2 or Arbi – 10
2. Onion – One big , thinly sliced
3. Tamarind – Marble size
4. Water – 1 1/2 measuring cups for thick consistency or 2 Measuring cups
5. Curry Powder – 1/2 tbsp or Red chilli powder and Samabr Powder – 1 tbsp Homemade Curry Powder ( Blend of Red chilli powder , coriander and cumin powder , Garlic and fresh coriander with stems)
6. Oil – 2 tbsp and Ghee – 1 tbsp to add at the end
7. Jaggery ( Brown sugar) – 2 tbsp
8. Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
9. Seasoning – Urad dal – 2 tbsp , Mustard seeds – 1 /2 tbsp , Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp , Red chillies – 2 , Hing – Pinch , Green chillies – 3 to 4 and Curry Leaves
10 . Chickpea flour and rice flour – 1 tbsp each or Chickpea flour – 2 tbsp
1. Chop Onion into thinly slices .
2. Peel the Sweet potato and chop into medium size pieces ( Not able to chop , Microwave for One minute in wet paper cloth )
3. Soak tamarind and extract the Juice with One and half measuring cups water. Transfer to a Bowl . To this add Chick pea flour , rice flour , Salt , Curry Powder , sambar Powder and Jaggery Powder ( Brown sugar) . Mix well without lumps. Taste water for spices and sweetness and add accordingly .
4. Turn IP ON SAUTE mode . When warm add 2 tbsp Oil . Add Mustard seeds , Cumin seeds , Urad dal , Broken red chillies, Green chillies , Curry Leaves and Hing.
5. Add thinly slice Onions . Season with Salt and Turmeric. Mix . Close with the glass lid and fry for couple of minutes or until light brown.
6. Add sweet potato or Raw Banana or Arbi and tamarind water. Mix well .
7. Close the Instant Pot Lid .
8. Manual 4 minutes . Unplug when you see the silver button Pops up . NPR ( 5 to 10 minutes) .
9. Open the lid. Taste for Salt and Spices and add accordingly . Add Ghee and finely chopped Coriander .
SERVE WARM with GRAINS of your choice.
RECIPES WITH SWEET POTATO .
1. SWEET POTATO WRAPS /FLAT BREAD – 3 Ingredients
2. SWEET POTATO MOONGDAL RASAM
3. INSTANT SWEET POTATO ONION DOSA/PANCAKES
4. SWEET POTATO PATTIES WITH TOMATO RAITA
5. RAGADA PATTIES ( PAN FRIED Sweet potato and White potato patties with Green peas Gravy )
6. WEEKEND LUNCH – SWEET POTATO FRIES
7. PAN FRIED BREAD KACHORI WITH SWEET POTATO FILLING
8. RAW CHICKPEAS SALAD WITH GRAPE DRESSING AND SWEET POTATO FRITTERS
9. SWEET POTATO RASAM – INSTANT POT
10. OPEN FACED TACO’S WITH SWEET POTATO
11. RAW MANGO and SWEET POTATO DAL
12. SWEET POTATO ROLLS