Instant Pot Amaranth Leaves Stir fry – Side for Roti – 5 Ingredients
Amaranth Leaves stir fry . It’s one of our favorite Green leafy Vegetable . I cook this at least twice a week when it’s in season ( Spring and Summer) . It is a dry stir fry I cook on stove top with Yellow Moong dal and Garlic. Need lot of Garlic ( Say 25 or more . They taste good when fried in tadka, 6 for each person ) for the recipe. I added whole Garlic and not crushed one. Cooked Garlic taste good when you eat in between with the curry . It takes time on stove top to cook and need stirring in between . So I tried in Instant Pot. Cooked perfectly and not mushy ( 1/4 th time ) . Once cooked transfer to a plate and cool while you saute Onions and Garlic. So the curry won’t be mushy and you can enjoy dry stir fry. Another important Ingredient is the CURRY POWDER . You can use Store bought or Homemade ( Just a Blend of Red chilli powder , Roasted Cumin and Coriander seeds , Garlic , salt and fresh coriander ) . I added only 2 tbsp water which is sufficient and also there will be water from washed greens . Unplug it when you see the silver button Pops up and do QPR . Here is the simple recipe with 5 main Ingredients.
If you cook in the morning and serve for Dinner the taste will be the same .
Recipe for 4 . Preparation and Cooking time : Less than 30 minutes
1. Amaranth Leaves – One bunch( Wash 3 to 4 times before chopping)
2. Yellow Moong dal – 1/2 cup ( Soak for 30 minutes)
3. Garlic – 25 to 30 ( for 4 people)
4. Onion – One ( finely chopped)
5. Curry Powder – 1 tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin powder , Garlic cloves (2 to 3) , little salt and fresh coriander ) MORTAR and Pestol
6. Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp and Salt
7 . Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp or 2 tbsp Oil and 1 tbsp Ghee
8. Water – 2 tbsp
METHOD : Pics BEFORE and AFTER Cooking in Instant Pot
1. Wash Amaranth leaves 4 to 5 times in plenty of water . Chop Onions . Soak Yellow Moong dal for 30 minutes. Wash before and after soaking.
2. Transfer chopped Amaranth Leaves to the inner pot along with washed Yellow Moong dal . Season with salt . Mix well . Add 2 tbsp water .
3. Close lid. Manual 3 minutes . QPR . No water will be left .
4. Transfer to a wide plate and cool before adding to tadka .
5. Wash inner pot . Press saute. When warm add 2 tbsp oil and ghee. Add urad dal , Cumin seeds, Mustard seeds, Broken red chillies , Green chillies , Pinch of Hing. Add Onions and Garlic . Season with salt and Turmeric . Mix well . Close the lid and fry till onions are light brown . Check whether garlic is cooked with Knife.
6. Add cooked greens and curry powder. Mix gently .
7. Transfer to a wide Pyrex Bowl . Taste for salt and spices and add accordingly .
SERVE with ROTI ( INDIAN BREAD ) with Onion and Green chilli or with STEAMED RICE