Instant Pot Tindora Stir fry with Raw Mango – Side for Roti – 5 Ingredients . Less time when compared to stove top .
Tindora stir fry with raw mango in Instant pot. Tindora is a very tasty vegetable you feel like eating as a snack . You can serve with Steamed rice, Roti( Indian Bread) or with Scrambled egg . This is the first time I tried Tindora in IP . I cooked in 6 qt so it will have wide space to saute( if you want little roasted vegetable) once you pressure cook . I’m trying to cook all vegetables in IP. To my surprise they cooked in very very less time . I added 2 tbsp water to build the pressure. Next time I will try without water. I cooked Banana Peppers without water and no burnt bottom. I added 20 big handfuls of sliced Tindora . All cooked perfectly . I added corasely grinded raw mango with spices at the end as raw mangoes are in season. Here is the Simple recipe with few ingredients.
Tindora is good source of fiber . Fiber intake has number of benefits to the body. Fiber supports healthy blood sugar levels by helping body to digest sugars slowly , offsetting the effect of sugar entering the bloodstream . Eating foods high in fiber promotes feeling of fullness which helps curb appetite and support healthy weight . Source : HM
Recipe for 4 .
Preparation and Cooking time : Less than 30 minutes
1. Tindora – 20 Handfuls ( wash and chop into 2 inch circles) for 4 people .
2. Onion – One ( finely chopped) , Crushed Garlic – 6 , Ginger – 1 tbsp , Green chillies – 4 , Curry Leaves
3. Green Peas – Half cup or Roasted Peanuts
4. Mango spice powder – Dry roast 2 tbsp sesame seeds, 1/2 tbsp Cumin and coriander seeds, 5 to 10 Almonds or Walnuts , 2 red chillies. Cool and grind with Handful of coconut and 2 Green chillies . Add raw mango pieces and grind coarsely .
5. Oil – 3 tbsp
6. Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
7. Finely chopped coriander and Mint leaves
1. Turn IP on saute mode . When warm add Oil . Add Crushed garlic , Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds , Black Split urad dal . Add Onions , Green chillies. Season with salt and Turmeric. When Onions are light brown add crushed ginger . Fry for a minute.
2. Add chopped Tindora. Season with little salt. Mix well . Add 2 tbsp water.
3. Close IP lid. Cancel saute. Manual 4 minutes . When you see silver button pops up unplug. QPR . Open the lid . Add 2 tbsp Oil if needed .
4. Turn on saute high . Add 2 more tbsp Oil and let it brown for 3 minutes without mixing. After 3 minutes Mix and cook for another 3 minutes or till Tindora is light Brown. Add Green peas or Roasted Peanuts. Leave in the Pot for sometime , the heat from the inner pot will brown the Tindora little more .
Transfer to a Pyrex Bowl or in the same Pot .
5. Add Mango spice powder, Red chilli powder , coriander and cumin powder , Chopped coriander and Mint . Taste for Salt and Spices and add accordingly .
SERVE with STEAMED RICE or Grains of your choice OR Jowar roti or PARATHA ( INDIAN BREAD)
1. Heat a wide pan on medium high flame. Add Oil . When Oil is warm add crushed Garlic and Ginger, Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds and Black split urad dal . Add Onions, Curry leaves and Green chillies. Season it with salt and Turmeric.
2. When Onions are light brown add Chopped Tindora. Season with salt. Mix gently . Close lid and cook till Tindora is soft. Mix in between to avoid burning.
3. Open lid and add 2 more tbsp Oil and fry till Tindora is light brown. it will take 5 minutes if you cook on Medium high flame and mix in between gently without touching the vegetable .
4. Once Tindora is brown add Green Peas or Roasted Peanuts , Mango spice powder ,Chopped Coriander and Mint.
5. Taste for salt and spices and add accordingly.
SERVE with Roti ( Indian Bread) or Steamed rice or Grains of your choice.