Instant pot Dahi Aloo (Potato in Yogurt Gravy ) – 5 ingredients – SIDE FOR ROTI( INDIAN BREAD)
You might tried so many recipes of Dahi Aloo. Do try my version which is different in preparation and taste. I shared when to add yogurt and what to mix in Yogurt , so it won’t curdle . Simple recipe prepared with every day ingredients from your Pantry . I tried in Instant pot where we can add everything at the same time. I tried to cook in less time and without burnt bottom. Left Overs taste good for next day . You can prepare a big batch and refrigerate. Tasty curry prepared with few ingredients and less cooking time. Serve with Phulka or Plain Paratha.
Recipe for 4 .
Preparation time : 10 minutes . Cooking time : Less than 10 minutes
1. Potatoes – 6 big ( Peeled and Cubed) , Onion – One finely chopped or grind coarsely , Tomatoes – 3( Microwave for 2 minutes in a Microwave safe Bowl )
2. Yogurt – 1/2 cup I( Mix with Almond spice powder )
3. . Water -1/2 cup
4. Spices to roast and Grind : Almond spice powder – Dry roast 5 Almonds , 5 Cashews , 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds, Half tbsp Coriander seeds and 2 Red chillies . This adds taste and thickness to the gravy .
5. Spice powders – Curry Powder – 1 tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli powder, Coriander and Cumin powder , Garlic and Fresh Coriader) and Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
6. Oil – 2 tbsp and Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
7. Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
8. finely chopped coriander and Mint Leaves
1. Chop Onions or Grind coarsely , Microwave tomatoes , Peel and cube Potatoes.
2. Roast the spices and grind . Transfer to Yogurt Bowl . Mix with 1/2 tbsp Curry Powder . Mix all three.
3. In the same Blender grind tomatoes with water. Add curry Powder and Garam Masala powder while grinding.
4. Turn Instant pot on Saute mode . When warm add Oil and Cumin seeds. Add Onions. Season with Salt and Turmeric . Fry till light brown .
5. Add Cubed Potatoes and Tomato Puree.
6. Close lid. Cancel saute . Manual 3 minutes. Unplug when you see Low. NPR ( 5 to 7 minutes) .
7. Open lid . Wait for few minutes and add YOGURT with ALMOND SPICE POWDER . Mix well . Taste for Salt and Spices and add accordingly .
8. Add finely chopped Coriander and MINT Leaves( Mint leaves Optional) .
SERVE with PHULKA or PLAIN PARATHA ( INDIAN BREAD)