Instant Pot Stuffed Masala Eggplant( Baigan) – 5 ingredients
First time I tried Stuffed Eggplant in Instant pot with Homemade Masala Powder . Cooked in less time when compared to stove top cooking without burnt bottom and Zero monitoring. I cooked in 3 qt and added little water to build pressure . You can prepare the Masala powder in your free time and takes less time to prepare before you serve for Dinner. I added 3 tbsp water to 3/4 th of masala powder so it will stay inside the eggplant when you cook . The rest of Masala powder I mixed with Onions( We like to eat Onions masala with Steamed rice ) I cooked with Eggplant ( Baigan) . Once finished cooking I transferred Onions to a Bowl and mixed with rest of Masala Powder. Again I roasted Eggplant ( Baigan ) for 3 to 4 minutes in the same pot on both sides and they don’t look like as if they are steamed . They are not mushy and perfectly cooked and roasted , hold shape after you finish cooking.
Serve with Steamed rice or Plain Paratha( Indian Bread) .
STUFFED EGGPLANT (BAIGAN ) Black channa BIRYANI :
1. Eggplant ( Baigan) – 10
2. Onion – One big thinly sliced
3 . Masala Powder – Dry roast 1/4 th cup channa dal and Urad dal , 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds . 1/2 tbsp Coriander seeds , 2 tbsp Sesame seeds , Curry leaves and 4 red chillies. Cool and grind with handful of dry coconut , tamarind or dry mango powder , 6 cloves of garlic into fine powder . If you want you can add 1 tbsp red chilli powder .
4. Oil – 2 + 2 tbsp
5. Salt , Turmeric powder – 1/4 th tbsp , Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp and Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp
6. Finely chopped coriander
1. Wash eggplants ( Baigan) and make a slit and leave in salt water till you stuff them with Masala Powder .
2. Press saute mode . When warm add Oil and cumin seeds. Add thinly sliced Onions. Season with salt and turmeric. Cover with glass lid and cook for couple of minutes .
4. Once onions are brown add 2 tbsp water. Scrape the bottom and place stuffed eggplant in 2 layers.
5. Close IP lid . Manual 4 minutes . Unplug when you see LOW .
6. Open the lid. Transfer the Eggplants to a plate .
7. Fry Onions for couple more minutes. Transfer to a pyrex Bowl . Mix the onions with rest of the Masala powder .
8. Add oil to inner pot and fry the Eggplants for couple of minutes on both sides.