Instant Pot Indian Cluster Beans with Special tadka – 5 ingredients – Side for Roti ( Indian Bread)
You are going to like the new taste of Gavar ( Indian cluster Beans) . Every time I try a new recipe in Instant Pot I’m amazed how it turns out. So far no fail recipes. I just added very little water to build pressure and no water was left once finished cooking. The rest of cooking I finished in the same pot and tadka which is highlight for the recipe. You feel like eating more vegetable with your Phulka( Indian Bread) . Serve with Raita( Yogurt mixed with finely chopped vegetables( Onion , tomato and grated carrots) and seasoned with cumin seeds Oil ) and Phulka( Indian Bread) .
Indian Cluster Beans is an annual Legume and are very common in India especially in the regions of Andhra pradesh , Maharastra . Cluster Beans are known as Gavar in Hindi and Guvar na shaak in gujarathi . This vegetable is obtained year round and hearty healthy vegetable for diabetics because it is Low in GI ( avoid Potato) and helps in controlling blood sugar levels . Good source of Iron and calcium and fills up the deficinies of these minerals and increases Hemoglobin production . It is helpful in keeping the digestive tract healthy and prevent certain illnesses related to digestion. Source : HM
Simple recipe prepared with 5 main Ingredients.
Recipe for 4
1. Indian cluster Beans – 5 measuring cups
2. Vegetables : Onion – One ( finely chopped), Garlic – 6 ( peeled and crushed) , Potatoes – 2 ( Peeled and cubed)
3. Curry Powder – 1 tbsp ( In mortar and pestol) ( Blend of red chilli powder , Cumin and coriander powder , Fenugreek and Mustard powder ) 4 cloves of garlic and fresh coriander
and Red pepper flakes – 1/2 tbsp
4. Juice of Lime and finely chopped coriander
5. Seasoning : Black split urad dal – 1 tbsp , Cumin seeds and Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp each . ROASTED PEANUTS – 1/4 TH CUP
6. Water – 2 tbsp
1. Turn IP on saute mode . When warm add 1 tbsp oil and 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds followed by finely chopped Onions. Fry till light brown and add Chopped Indian cluster Beans ( gavar) , peeled and cubed potato . Add 2 tbsp water . Season with Salt and Turmeric. Mix well .
2. Close the lid . Manual 3 minutes. NPR ( 7 to 10 minutes) .
3. Open the lid . Press Saute and fry for couple of minutes. Transfer to a Pyrex Bowl .
4. Seasoning : Add 2 tbsp Oil . When warm add Split Black Urad dal , Cumin seeds, mustard seeds and crushed garlic . Cool and add Curry Powder and Juice of Lime .
5.Add Cooked Cluster Beans, Potato and fried onions to Tadka ( Seasoning) . Mix gently . Taste for salt and spices and add accordingly .
Add finely chopped Coriander, Roasted Peanuts and Red Pepper flakes .
SERVE with steamed rice or with Phulka( Indian Bread) and Raita.