INSTANT POT APPETIZER – BREAD PAKORA ( Not Deep fried) – 5 ingredients
Now it is easy to prepare Vegetable potato filling in Instant pot. No need to cook Potatoes separately and prepare the curry . I didn’t add any water and no burnt bottom. Prepare the filling and batter to coat the bread in your free time and refrigerate . So you can prepare the appetizer before you serve. I applied coriander chutney and Dates tamarind chutney on bread slices on bottom and top of the filling for extra taste. You can use store bought chutney’s( Optional ) The pakora’s taste good without chutney’s . Simple recipe prepared in 2 easy steps and with everyday ingredients from your pantry . Filling , Batter for outer covering, chutney’s( Optional) and Bread slices. You don’t need to shallow fry the Pakora. Pan fried are crispy as if they are shallow fried. If you try share your feedback with me.
INGREDIENTS : In 3 qt . No need to add ANY WATER
1. VEGETABLES : Potato – 4 big or 8 Medium and Frozen green peas – 1/2 cup , Chopped carrots and Bell peppers – 1/2 cup , Onion – One ( Finely chopped ) , Green chilli paste – 1 tbsp , Crushed Garlic – 4 cloves , Crushed Ginger or chopped – 1 tbsp
2. Spice powders – Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin powder – 1 tbsp , Dry mango powder or Juice of Lime or Grated raw Mango
3. Oil – 2 tbsp , Salt accordingly and Turmeric – 1 /4 th tbsp
4. Seasoning – Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp , Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
5 . Finely chopped coriander leaves and Mint leaves
1. Peel the Potatoes and cut into small cubes . Keep them in water till you are ready to cook and to avoid discoloration. Moisture from potatoes will help build the pressure without adding any water .
2. Turn Instant Pot to saute mode . When warm add Oil . Splutter Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds .
3. Add crushed garlic, Ginger and green chilli paste. Fry for a minute.
4. Add finely chopped Onions . Season with Salt and Turmeric. Mix well . Close with lid and cook for 2 minutes . Uncover and fry till onions are light brown.
5. Add Chopped carrots and Bell peppers , cubed potato . Mix well . DON’T ADD ANY WATER . Close the instant pot lid. Manual 4 minutes. Unplug when silver button pops. QPR after 5 minutes.
6. Open the lid . Saute for 2 minutes ( Optional) . Add frozen green peas , red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin powder . Add Chopped coriander and Mint leaves.
7. Squeeze Juice of lime or dry mango powder or grated raw mango. Mix gently .
TASTE for Salt and Spices and add accordingly .
1. Mix Chickpea flour and Rice flour , Red Chilli Powder, Coriander powder, Cumin Powder, Aajwain and Salt.Add Water slowly and Mix well without any Lumps. Batter must be little thick to coat the Bread .
3.. Cut the Bread into triangle . Apply Coriander Chutney on one Side of the Bread Slice.
4. Spread the vegetable potato filling . Wet your fingers and Spread the Mixture evenly on ONE SIDE. Now Spread Tamarind and Dates Chutney on Potato Filling. Cover with another Bread traingle . Seal the edges with wet fingers .
5. Heat a Non stick Pan and Grease the Pan with little Oil . Dip the Bread Pieces in Chickpea flour Batter and Place the Bread triangles in a Single Layer and Pan fry them on both sides till golden Brown.
Serve with Tomato Ketchup or Onion and Tomato Salad.
NOTE : APPLYING CORIANDER CHUTNEY AND DATES TAMARIND CHUTNEY IS OPTIONAL . BUT TASTE GOOD .