Crispy Green Dosa( Instant ) with Cauliflower Masala – Instant Pot – 5 Ingredients
Crispy green Dosa is an Instant Dosa prepared with Lentils ( 4 types ) and rice or Daliya( cracked wheat ) or Quinoa . Soak for couple of hours and grind in a regular blender with sufficient water , salt and Vegetables. No need to rest the batter . You can prepare Dosa immediately . Stuffing I cooked in Instant pot. It’s a dry Cauliflower masala prepared with good amount of vegetables ( Not regular Potato curry ) and Mild spices. I added potatoes too for binding . No need to add water and no burnt bottom. Here are 2 simple recipes . INSTANT Crispy Green Dosa and CAULIFLOWER MASALA .
No need to add ANY WATER
1. VEGETABLES : Cauliflower florets ( small) – 3 cups , Potato – 2 ( Peeled and cubed)and Frozen green peas – 1/2 cup , Chopped carrot , Onion – One big ( Finely chopped ) , Green chilli paste – 1 tbsp , Crushed Garlic – 4 cloves , Crushed Ginger – 1 tbsp
2. Spice powders – Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin powder – 1 tbsp , Dry mango powder or Juice of Lime or Grated raw Mango OR Sambar powder and MTR PULIGORE POWDER
3. Oil – 2 tbsp , Salt and Turmeric – 1 /4 th tbsp
4. Seasoning – Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp , Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp and Red chillies
5 . Curry leaves and Finely chopped coriander leaves
1. Peel the Potatoes and cut into small cubes . Keep them in water till you are ready to cook and to avoid discoloration. Moisture from potatoes will help build the pressure without adding any water .
2. Turn Instant Pot to saute mode . When warm add Oil . Splutter Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Red chillies.
3. Add crushed garlic, Ginger and green chilli paste. Fry for a minute.
4. Add finely chopped Onions . Season with Salt and Turmeric. Mix well . Close with lid and cook for 2 minutes. Uncover and fry till onions are light brown.
5. Add Cauliflower florets , cubed potato . Mix well . DON’T ADD ANY WATER . Close the instant pot lid. Manual 4 minutes. Unplug when silver button pops. QPR after 5 minutes.
6. Open the lid . Saute for 2 minutes ( Optional) . Add frozen green peas , red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin powder . Add Chopped coriander and Mint leaves.
7. Squeeze Juice of lime or dry mango powder or grated raw mango. Mix gently .
TASTE for Salt and Spices and add accordingly .
1. Urad Dal – 1 Cup, Channa Dal – 1/2 Cup, Toor Dal – 1/4 th Cup, Yellow Moong Dal – 1/4 ,th Cup, Split Green Moong Dal – 1/4 th Cup , Brown Basmati Rice or Quinoa or Cracked Wheat ( Daliya) – 2 Cups
Note : Quinoa only 1 Cup . Water for Grinding and Salt
2. Onions – 1/2 Cup chopped and Chopped Squash or Zucchini or Yellow squash and carrot
3. Green Chillies – 2 to 4 accordingly and small piece of ginger
4. Coriander leaves with Stems – 1/2 Cup Chopped or SPINACH ( PALAK)
5. Oil – For Frying
1. Soak the Dals for One or 2 hours . Wash before and after Soaking . Don’t get rid of the Skin of Green Moong Dal if you are Using Split Green Moong Dal . Gives nice taste for the Dosa.
2. Grind the Dal’s with Green Chillies , ginger ,Onions, Coriander leaves , Chopped Vegetables ,Salt and enough Water.Grind the Lentils and rice by adding little water so they grind evenly.
4.When the batter is ready heat a Non stick Pan and grease with little Oil and try out small Dosa. For Second Dosa Pour 2 laddle full of Batter on to the Pan and Spread it in a Circular Motion.
5. Cook on a Medium or Medium High Flame. Drizzle Oil over the edges of the Dosa and in the Middle . After it Cooked little Spread the excess Batter evenly with Spatula so it doesn’t taste raw . Spread the Cauliflower masala on cooked Dosa and fold .
6. For next dosa Sprinkle some Water and wipe with a paper towel to bring down the temperature. Repeat the same process for remaining Dosa’s .
If you want it a little spicy or for extra flavor Sprinkle Black chutney Powder before spreading Cauliflower masala .