Cracked Wheat ( Daliya) with Cabbage Pickle – Instant pot – 5 main Ingredients – DINNER /KIDS LUNCH BOX
If you are not in the mood of cooking roti and vegetable for Dinner and want to cook something simple with minimum preparation and few ingredients, Try this One pot meal with Cracked wheat ( Daliya) . No need to soak grains and Lentils , Just transfer everything to the pot . No water left and no burnt bottom . Enjoy this tasty One pot meal for Lunch /Dinner prepared with few ingredients and minimum preparation. Of course less Cooking time and Zero monitoring. With Simple Cabbage Pickle . I added Red lentils and good amount of vegetables . No masala powder added . I added simple Sambar powder for little flavor and taste. You can add store bought or Homemade sambar powder and Optional . ( I add sambar powder in all my recipes as it is not spicy for my kids and it is mild ) . Don’t forget to add Green chillies( I add light green chillies which are zero spicy) , ginger and Juice of Lime. Here is the Simple recipe with few and everyday ingredients from your pantry .
1. To finely chopped cabbage add Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp , Salt , Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tbsp , Fenu greek powder and mustard powder – 1/4 th tbsp and chopped coriander .
2. Squeeze Juice of half or full Lime
3. Heat 2 tbsp Oil and add Black spit urad dal – 1 tbsp and cumin seeds and Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp and Red chillies . Cool and add to the Pickle. If you like you can add crushed garlic to the Oil .
Recipe for 3 . Preparation time : 10 minutes and Cooking time and NPR: 15 to 20 minutes
1. Cracked wheat ( Daliya) – 1 cup ( Medium size )
2. Red lentils – 1/2 cup . Red Lentils doesn’t need soaking or Cooked Black channa or Roasted peanuts
3. Water – 2 cups
4. Vegetables – Onion ( thinly sliced) , Potato – One ( chopped) , Tomato – One ( chopped ) , Frozen green peas – 1/2 cup , Carrots and Green Beans – One cup
5. Sambar powder – 1/2 tbsp , Green chillies – 2 ( chopped , Light green are zero spicy ) , Ginger – 3 tbsp ( Chopped)
6. Oil – 4 tbsp and Ghee – 1 tbsp to add at the end ( Optional) .
7. Salt – accordingly
8. Juice of Lime – one
9. Finely chopped Coriander leaves and Curry leaves
10 . Roasted Peanuts or Cashews – 1/4 th cup
11. Black split urad dal – 1 tbsp , Cumin seeds and Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp each
1. Wash Cracked wheat( Daliya) and red lentils 3 to 4 times. Add water and salt . Taste water for salt and add accordingly .
2. Turn Instant pot to saute mode. When hot add oil . Followed by Black split urad dal , Mustard seeds and cumin seeds .
3. Add finely chopped Onions , green chillies , Ginger and Curry leaves. Fry for couple of minutes .
4. Add chopped tomatoes and Sambar powder . Add frozen green peas, Chopped carrots and Green Beans.
5. Add Cracked wheat ( daliya) with Red lentils and water . Mix.
6. Close lid . Rice mode. Unplug when you see Silver button pops up. NPR( 7 to 10 minutes )
7. Open lid. Fluff with fork .
8. Add chopped coriander and Juice of lime. Taste and add accordingly .
SERVE with HOMEMADE CABBAGE PICKLE and Plain yogurt