Vada( Vegetable Lentils Fritters) – Air fryer – Kids Lunch Box – 5 Ingredients
Recipe for 18
Every time I Prepare Lentils vada I like to try with 2 or 3 lentils and add some flour so that it’s easy for me to shape vada. They turned out crispy . Just soak for an hour and add other ingredients and prepare vada. Don’t refrigerate the batter it will change the taste . You don’t need any dip or chutney to enjoy these vada’s or serve with Green Chutney or Dates Chutney . Don’t for get to add green chillies and ginger( Light color green chillies are Zero spicy and kids can enjoy too) for a little spicy bite. Good for digestion. I like adding some greens (Coriander or spinach or Methi or Amaranth leaves) in my Vada’s and Pakora’s . Don’t skip any ingredient to enjoy these tasty Vada’s .
INGREDIENTS : One cup – Measuring cup
1. Channa Dal – 1 cup ,. Urad dal – 1/2 cup , Rice flour – 1/4 th cup
2. Onion – medium ( finely chopped) , green chillies – 2 to 4 ( chopped) and ginger – small piece ( chopped)
3. Spinach or coriander – finely chopped
4. Salt – accordingly
5. Oil – 1 to 2 tbsp
1. Soak Channa dal, urad dal for an hour . Wash 3 to 4 times.
2. Grind with no water and little salt .
3. Transfer to a bowl . Add finely chopped onions, green chillies, Chopped ginger and chopped Spinach or coriander. Mix well . Now add rice flour. Mix again . Taste for salt and add accordingly.
4. Grease the Air fryer basket with little oil . Take a big lemon size batter and place in the basket ( 6 at a time) . Press them with wet fingers. Spray oil on each vada.
5. Bake at 370 degrees for 8 minutes.
6. Take out the basket . Flip the vada’s and spray some oil .
NOTE : If you want Crispy Vada , press them with a steel spoon after you flip .
7. Again bake for 7 minutes.
SERVE them with or without dip . They taste good on their own.