If you like Green Moong pakora and doesn’t like deep frying , try this recipe. It’s Instant recipe except soaking Dal for One hour. Easy to prepare in the morning for Breakfast or to pack for Kids Lunch Box . I first cooked in Paniyaram pan as batter is little runny and will spread in the basket. I usually shallow fry or in Paniyaram pan. Sometimes it won’t cook in the middle. Once finish cooking in Paniyaram ( 4 minutes) , then I crisped up in Air fryer. Serve with Ketchup or Dates chutney. Here is the Simple recipe with everyday Ingredients from your Pantry.
1. Split Green Moong dal – 1 cup , Urad dal – 1/2 cup
2. APF flour or Rice flour – 3 tbsp or accordingly
3. Curd( Yogurt) – 2 tbsp and Salt – accordingly
4. Vegetables – Onion – medium ( finely chopped) , grated carrots, Green chillies – 4 ( chopped) , Small piece ginger – chopped and finely chopped Coriander
5. Oil – 1 tbsp
1. Soak dals for an hour. Wash 3 to 4 times. Drain out all water . Grind with little salt and no water into thick batter. Transfer to a Bowl .
3. Add oil to the cavities of Paniyaram pan . Pour 4 tbsp batter in each cavity . Cover with lid and cook on medium flame. 2 minutes on each side or more.
4. Once done cooking transfer to Air fryer basket. Bake at 370 degrees for 5 minutes . Check after 3 minutes and if needed bake for 2 minutes.
5. Serve with Ketchup or Dates tamarind chutney for Breakfast or Pack for Kids Lunch Box.