Cabbage Vada – Air fryer – Kids Lunch Box/Breakfast – 5 ingredients
Kids are at home because of Snow. Thought I will try something new for Breakfast in Air fryer and later I can pack the same in Lunch Box. Just soaked the Dal ( Lentil) for an hour. We like vada for Breakfast if not Deep fried or for Weekend Lunch with Kheer and I pack for Lunch box too . They turned out good without adding any flour. I like adding vegetable in vada or pakora. This time I added good amount of cabbage . Kids like finger foods than roti and curry . No need of any dip or Just serve with Dates tamarind Chutney. I added chopped green chillies and ginger. You can grind with dal so Kids won’t pick and keep aside.Light Green chillies are not spicy and Ginger help in digestion. I like adding some greens in my vada . You can add both ( coriander and Spinach ) or any one. I didn’t even flip Vada’s . They turned out crispy . But checked in between . Here is the Simple recipe prepared with few ingredients.
Recipe for 10 medium Vada’s with Tbsp oil . Just cost the Vada with oil .
1. Yellow Moong dal – One measuring cup
2. Vegetables – Finely chopped Cabbage – 2 measuring cups, grated carrots , Chopped green chillies, Small piece of ginger – chopped , Finely chopped coriander or Spinach or both
3. Oil – 1 tbsp
4. Salt to taste .
5. Dates tamarind chutney to serve for Kids . Optional or Ketchup.
1. Soak Yellow moong dal for an hour. Wash 3 to 4 times. Transfer to a blender and grind with green chillies , ginger and salt , No water.
2. Transfer to a Bowl . To this batter add finely chopped cabbage , green chillies , ginger , chopped coriander , spinach and grated carrots. ( Note : If you grind batter with green chillies and ginger don’t add chopped green chillies and ginger to the batter ).
DIVIDE the batter into 10.
3. Taste for salt and spices and add accordingly .
4. Grease the Air fryer basket with Oil . Take a big Lemon size batter and place in the basket . Press and make a hole in the middle. 5 or 6 at a time. Spray Oil on each vada .
5. Bake at 370 degrees for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes check them . Spray some oil and Bake for another 8 minutes. Note : I didn’t flip the vada’s .
SERVE with Dates Tamarind Chutney or with Onion Lime salad or they taste good on their own.