Bottle Gourd ( Lauki) Raita is simple , easy to make and Delicious side dish for Lunch / Dinner . A perfect Cooler for Warm Weather . Bottle Gourd ( Lauki) has bland taste and to make it Palatable for Children I combined cooked Lauki with Yogurt and flavored with ginger , Coconut Mixture and tadka .
Ayurveda recommends making a batch of fresh Yogurt to be consumed each day which helps in digestion and filled with beneficial bacteria that kills harmful viruses . Spices not only provides Health benefits but also flavor the food. Coconut low in Sodium , High in manganese , no Cholestrol but high in Saturated fat . You can safely use dessicated coconut in Occasional foods . It is a common Ingredient in Indian Cooking which adds texture and flavor to the Curries. It is commonly used in Stir fries and Desserts . Last but not least Green Chillies slows down the aging process and protects body against free radicals and Cancer . Green chillies are must in Indian Meal to make food tasty and Spicy ( light color green chillies are Zero spicy) . Eating Green Chillies is always better than adding Red chilli Powder to the food . Chillies turn out red after dry and loose their nutrition .Source : HM
Take a look at the recipe which is prepared with Minimum Ingredients .
RECIPE for 4 .
1.Bottle Gourd ( Lauki) – Medium size ( Peel Bottle Gourd and chop into bite size pieces .
2. Yogurt ( Curd) – 4 measuring cups
3. Vegetables : Onions – 1/4 th Cup ( Chopped)
4. Tomato – 1 ( Chopped)
5. Curry Leaves- 5
6. Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
7. Salt as per taste
8. Dry Coconut – 1/4 th Cup
10 . Green Chillies paste – 3 and Ginger – 2 tbsp ( Mortar and Pestol)
11.Seasoning – Urad dal -1 tbsp. , Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp. , Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp. , Broken Red Chillies – 4
- Turn Instant pot on saute mode. When warm add Oil followed by black split urad dal , cumin seeds , mustard seeds , red chillies and Curry leaves. Now add chopped lauki . Season with salt. Close lid. Manual one minute . Open lid . Transfer to a pyrex bowl . Cool before adding curd and other ingredients.
2. Grind Coconut with Green Chillies, ginger , toasted sesame seeds and little Salt . Add to the Yogurt . In a Mortar pestol .
3. Add finely Chopped onions , tomato , finely chopped coriander leaves , Coconut mixture , Cooked Bottle Gourd ( Lauki) along with SEASONING . Mix gently . Check for Salt and add accordingly . .
SERVE with Jeera Rice / Biryani/ Phulka / Pulav / Stuffed Paratha