Cabbage Pakora – Air fryer – Kids Lunch Box /Summer Lunch
I’m making good use of my Air fryer to prepare Pakora’s and Vada. Kids like finger foods in Lunch Box than roti and curry. Air fryer is so useful for me to prepare quick Lunch Box ( Summer Lunch) or Breakfast in the morning. Just like Instant pot it’s Zero monitoring except checking half way. If your kids trouble to eat vegetables try to add more Vegetables to finger foods. If you have a toddler they can self feed. I added light color green chillies which are zero spicy and ginger. Both helps in digestion. I baked pakora’s directly in the basket without foil and without flipping. If you are taking Kids to activities and want to feed them immediately after coming , then prepare day before and refrigerate. Bake for couple of minutes before you serve if you want to serve Crispy Pakora or in the microwave for one minute.Here is the Simple recipe with every day ingredients from your pantry .
Cabbage : What it heals ? Colon cancer , Breast cancer, cancer of uterus and ovaries and diabetes.Good source of fiber and potassium . Helps and protects against and manage diabetes. Cabbage is low in calories ( a cup of chopped cabbage contains 20 calories ) and rich in Vitamin C. One study found that women who ate the most cabbage had a 45 percent lower breast cancer risk than women who ate the least . Source : HM
Recipe for 30 Pakora
1. Finely chopped Cabbage – 4 measuring cups and finely chopped Coriander
2. Onion – One big ( thinly sliced ) , Green chillies – 3 ( chopped) and ginger – small piece ( Chopped)
3. Chickpea flour – 1/2 cup and rice flour – 1/2 cup and Ajwain – 1/2 tbsp
4. Water – 1/2 cup or accordingly
5. Oil – 2 + 2 tbsp
6. Rasam powder or Red chilli powder , coriander and cumin powder – 1 tbsp
7. Salt – accordingly
1. In a bowl add finely chopped cabbage , thinly sliced onions, chopped green chillies, ginger , salt , oil , Ajwain , red chilli powder , coriander and cumin powder. Mix well . Add Chickpea flour and rice flour. Mix well.
2. Now add water slowly and mix like a thick batter.
3. Taste for salt and spices and add accordingly .
4. Grease Air fryer basket with oil . Take batter and place in the basket ( shape of pakora) . 10 each time. Spray some oil .
5. Bake at 370 degrees for 5 minutes. Take out basket and spray oil . Bake for another 6 minutes.
SERVE with Dates chutney and fruit .