Red Kidney Beans Vegetable Pakora – Air fryer – Kids Lunch Box – 5 main ingredients with Tomato Mint Chutney
If your Kids are not interested in eating Beans in the form of curry , then try these Air fried Pakora’s . I cooked red kidney beans in Instant pot and used one measuring cup cooked beans for this recipe. Rest I refrigerated and use later in the week. I added good amount of vegetables and rice flour for binding and for crispiness. Just add the amount of water I mentioned , so the pakora’s will come out without sticking to the basket . I even shared the recipe for Tomato mint Chutney to serve with the Pakora’s . . You can prepare the Chutney in INSTANT POT or On stove top . Here is the Simple recipe with 5 main ingredients.
RECIPE FOR 30 PAKORA’s :
INGREDIENTS : One cup – Measuring cup
1. Red kidney Beans – 1 cup ( Cooked and Mashed ) . I cooked Red kidney beans in Instant pot . Raw 11/2 cup . Soaked overnight . Transfer to Instant pot Bowl . Add salt and cover with enough water . Manual 15 minutes . Unplug when you see low. QPR after 20 minutes.
2. Rice flour – 3/4 th cup
3. Vegetables – Onion – 1 ( thinly sliced ) , Finely chopped Zucchini – One measuring cup , Grated carrots, Green chilies – 3 ( chopped or paste) , Garlic cloves – 6 ( Peeled and chopped) , Ginger – small piece ( Chopped) . Finely chopped Coriander .
4. Oil – 2 tbsp to Spray the Pakora’s .
5. Water – 1/2 cup
6. Ajwain ( carom seeds ) – 1/2 tbsp ( Optional) . Helps in digestion of Beans .
1. Transfer mashed red kidney beans , Chopped Onions , Zucchini, grated carrots , green chillies, ginger , Crushed garlic , Chopped coriander , rice flour, salt , Ajwain ( carom seeds) to a bowl . Mix well . You can add little red chilli powder , coriander and cumin powder or Sambar powder – 1/2 tbsp to 3/4 th tbsp .
2. Now add water slowly and mix like pakora batter. Note : 1/2 cup water is sufficient .
3. Taste for salt and spices and add accordingly .
4. Grease Air fryer basket with Oil . Take batter and place in the Air fryer ( in the shape of Pakora) . Ten at a time .
5. Bake at 370 degrees for 7 minutes. After 7 minutes open the basket and spray oil . Bake for another 7 minutes.
SERVE with TOMATO MINT CHUTNEY .
4 People . INSTANT POT or STOVE TOP
1. Onion – one ( chopped )
2. Tomatoes – 4 and Mint leaves – 20 to 30
3. Green chillies – 3
4. Tamarind pulp or tamarind – 2 tbsp
5. Salt accordingly , Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
6. For seasoning : Garlic cloves – 4 ( Peeled and chopped ) to add in seasoning , Cumin seeds , Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp each .
7. Finely chopped coriander
1. Turn Instant pot on saute mode . When warm add oil . Followed by mustard seeds, cumin seeds . Then add Onions. Season with salt and turmeric . Fry till light pink .
2. Once Onions are brown add Green chillies ,tomatoes and tamarind pulp or tamarind. Close lid. Manual one minute. NPR .
3. Open lid . Cool and transfer to a blender or Hand blender.
4. Transfer to a Bowl .
5. Add seasoning with chopped garlic , Mustard seeds and Cumin seeds. Add finely chopped Coriander .
SERVE with Red kidney Beans vegetable Pakora.