Masala Urad dal Vada ( Medu Vada) – Air fryer – Kids Lunch Box with APPLE KHEER
Urad dal vada or Medu vada is a popular breakfast from South India and is served with Coconut Chutney and Vegetable Sambar. If you like Urad dal vada and doesn’t like deep frying , try these Air fryer vada. You don’t find any difference from deep fried one’s . Prepared with minimum oil . No need of foil and no flipping. I even pack for Kids Lunch Box with Apple Kheer. Doesn’t need any dip as they taste good on their own. They are soft at room temperature. Here is the simple recipe with everyday ingredients from your pantry .
Recipe for 12
1. Urad dal – One cup ( soak for an hour or two)
2. Vegetables – Onion – 1 ( finely chopped) , Green chillies – 3 ( Chopped ) , Ginger – small piece ( Chopped) and finely chopped coriander .
3. Cumin seeds – 1/2 tbsp
4. Salt – accordingly
5. Oil – 2 tbsp
1. Soak Urad dal for an hour or two. Wash 3 to 4 times. Transfer to a blender and grind to smooth paste without adding water.
2. Transfer to a Bowl . Add salt, Cumin seeds , Chopped onions, green chillies , ginger and finely chopped coriander. Mix well . Taste for salt and add accordingly .
3. Grease Air fryer basket with Oil . Divide the batter into 12. Wet your fingers and take one portion of the batter and place in the air fryer basket . Press and make whole in the middle .
4. Bake at 370 degrees for 5 minutes .
5. Take out the basket . Spray Oil . No need to flip . Bake for another 6 minutes.
SERVE with APPLE KHEER
Recipe Link :
Recipe Link :