Instant pot Spinach Vegetable Samosa – Kids Lunch Box
If you want to pack Vegetable samosa for Kids Lunch Box and want to prepare the filling in One pot from start to finish , try this Instant pot version. Just saute the seasoning ingredients and then add the rest of the ingredients and close lid. Perfectly cooked vegetables and one pot to clean at the end. You can prepare the filling day before and refrigerate. It takes less time to bake in the air fryer if you don’t want to deep fry . I even prepared the dough day before and refrigerated. Kids will like samosa and they bring empty Lunch Box if you pack their favorite food. They are tasty at room temperature with crispy outer covering and tasty filling. Here is the Simple recipe with everyday ingredients from your pantry .
RECIPE FOR 12 medium size or 6 Big Samosa’s
1. Potato – 6 ( Peeled and cubed)
2. Vegetables – Chopped green beans, Green peas and Chopped carrots – One measuring cup or more
3. Green chilli paste – 3 ( In mortar and Pestol ) , Ginger paste – One tbsp
4 . Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
5. Seasoning – Cumin seeds and Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp each
6. Spinach – chopped ( Add at the end after opening the lid) 3 handfuls or more
7. Dry mango powder or Juice of Lime
1. Turn Instant pot on a saute mode. When warm add Oil followed by Cumin seeds , Mustard seeds. Add Green chilli paste and Ginger paste . Season with salt and Turmeric . Fry for couple of minutes.
2. Add Cubed potato and green beans, carrots and Green peas. Note : Keep chopped potato in water till you add to the inner pot to avoid discoloration .
3. No need to add water. Water from washed potato helps build pressure and no burnt bottom .
4. Add red chilli powder , coriander and cumin powder. Mix gently . Little salt too.
5. Close lid. Manual 5 minutes. NPR ( 10 minutes) .
6. Open lid and add chopped spinach . Mix gently . Dry mango powder . Taste for salt and spices and add accordingly .
Bake at 370 degrees 5 + 5 minutes. Coat with Oil before Air frying. Take out half way and spray Oil . SERVE warm with Dates Chutney or Ketchup . Or without dip . They taste good on their own .