Instant Pot Instant Sambar with Lauki ( Green squash ) – Serve with Idli/Dosa/Jowar/Bajra roti or with Steamed rice
Try this recipe when you don’t have time to cook dal and want to prepare Sambar to serve with Idli /Dosa or as a side for Lunch /Dinner . You can serve with Phulka/Plain paratha or Jowar /Bajra roti or with Steamed rice. I added good amount Lauki and very light recipe. You can even eat with toast . Simple 3 step recipe . No saute. Add Ingredients and close lid. When done add tadka( Seasoning) . Left overs taste good for next day. Do try and share your feedback . With everyday ingredients from your pantry .
Recipe for 4 :
1. Vegetables – Lauki ( Green sqaush – available in Indian store ) – Peeled and chopped – 1 , 2 Potatoes – thinly sliced , tomatoes – 2 ( chopped) and Onion – medium ( chopped)
2. Tamarind Water – to 2 measuring cups water add Jaggery or Brown sugar – 2tbsp Tamarind pulp – 2 tbsp , Salt , Sambar powder – 1 tbsp and 2 tbsp chickpea flour . Taste water for salt and spices.
3. Tadka ( seasoning ) – Oil – 2 tbsp , Urad dal – 2 tbsp , Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp , Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp , Hing – Pinch and 2 red chillies
4. Ghee – 1 tbsp
5. Finely chopped Coriander and curry leaves – 10
6. Dry coconut – Handful
1. Add chopped vegetables to Instant pot .
2. Tamarind water . Mix well . Close lid .
3. Manual 3 minutes. NPR after 10 minutes.
4. Open lid and add tadka , dry coconut handful and tbsp ghee .
5. Taste for salt and spices and add accordingly .