Vegetable Pasta with Dates sauce – Instant pot – Kids Lunch Box/Dinner – 5 ingredients
Vegetable Penne Pasta with Dates sauce is a Simple and Easy Kids Lunch Box recipe prepared with 3 Vegetables, Pasta and Dates sauce. If kids are not interested in eating Dates , try in this Pasta sauce which you can prepare ahead of time and refrigerate .I have Box of Dates ( already used 1/4 th of Box in preparing Dates Ladoo ) and I want to include in Kids Diet. Thought why not prepare a Dates sauce to mix with veggies and Pasta. So I prepared the sauce night before and refrigerated . Tasted before adding to the Pasta. Didn’t spoil because I blended Sauce with salt and Spices. I like Cooking Pasta in Instant pot . Cooks Perfectly every time . Cut Vegetables the size of Pasta in an angle . Easy Lunch Box recipe with New taste. I asked my Kids did they find any difference in the taste . Not really they said. So one more Pasta recipe in Kids Lunch Box recipe book. Kids are going to like the soft bite of Veggies with Pasta and little Sweet taste from Dates sauce..
Recipe for 2 .
Preparation and Cooking time : Less than 30 minutes
1. Multi grain Penne Pasta or Whole wheat Pasta – One Cup ( raw) , Water – 2 cups
2. VEGETABLES : Zucchini , Asparagus – 10 ( Cut the size of Pasta), Green Beans – 2 handfuls ,chopped , Tomatoes – 3 ( 2 Tomatoes for Sauce and 1 chopped to add at the end)
Garlic – 4 , Shallots – 2 Chopped or Finely chopped Onion
3. Dates – 6 and Ketchup – 2 tbsp
4. Curry Powder – 1 to 2 tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin Powder , Garlic and fresh Coriander )
Freshly ground Black Pepper and Mixed Italian Herbs
5. Mozzarella cheese
1. Microwave 2 tomatoes in a microwave safe bowl . Cool before blending with Spices. Transfer Cooked tomato into a blender with Deseeded Dates , Salt , Curry Powder and Garlic. Blend with 1/4 or little more water . Transfer to a Bowl.
2. Turn Instant pot on saute mode . When warm add 2 tbsp Oil and add 1 tbsp Cumin seeds . When cumin seeds turn light Brown add Shallots and Crushed garlic followed by Zucchini , Asparagus and Green Beans . Then add the Dates Sauce . Mix well.
NOTE : Keep veggies on top of Pasta so they won’t get mushy .
3. Add Pasta , water ,Chopped Tomatoes and Ketchup . Mix gently . Close lid. Manual 5 minutes . NPR ( 5 TO 7 MINUTES)
4. Open lid and add freshly ground Black pepper , Mixed Herbs and Chopped Pistachio’s . Add Mozzarella cheese.
5. Taste for Salt and Spices and add accordingly . PACK for KIDS LUNCH BOX OR SERVE FOR DINNER .