15 minutes Breakfast , Lunch , Dinner .
Vegetable vermicelli with special taste for Breakfast. It is easy to prepare and tasty with vegetables and Lime juice Pickle . Vegetable Pakora – Not deep fried for Lunch and they are Crispy as Deep fried One’s . Serve with Ketchup or Lime Juice Pickle. These are filling and no need of Grains. And for Dinner I prepared Simple Paneer in a tasty gravy and served with Phulka and Cucumber. Dessert for the week is Dates Ladoo. If nobody in your family doesn’t like to eat Dates , try these Ladoo’s . Kids will never notice Dates in the Ladoo. They stay good for a week . Need to refrigerate and warm for 30 seconds before you serve . 3 simple meals which needs less Cooking time ( Preparation doesn’t take much time) and with everyday Ingredients from your Pantry .
BREAKFAST – VEGETABLE WHOLE WHEAT VERMICELLI WITH LIME JUICE PICKLE .
Recipe for 4 People .
1. Whole Wheat Vermicelli – One measuring Cup and Water – 2 Cups
2. Onion – Medium (Chopped) , Potato -1 ( Chopped , Bite size ) , Vegetables – One measuring Cup or More – Green peas , Corn , Carrot and Green Beans
3. Lime Juice Pickle – 2 tbsp 4. Oil – 2 tbsp 5. Salt
6. Green chillies – 2 ( Mild spicy ) , Ginger – small piece ( Chopped), Curry Leaves and Finely chopped Coriander Leaves
7. Seasoning – 1 tbsp Black spit Urad dal , Cumin seeds and Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp each and Broken Red chillies
8. Roasted Peanuts – Handful
1. In 1/2 tbsp Oil Dry roast Vermicelli and transfer to a Bowl .
2. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and Splutter Mustard seeds , Cumin seeds, Black split Urad dal and Red chillies . Add finely chopped Onions and Potato . Once Potato is Half cooked add Finely chopped Vegetables . Season with Salt .
3. Add water and taste water for Salt . Bring to Boil and add Roasted Vermicelli . Cover and cook for few minutes .
4. Uncover and Cook Until dry and stir gently with a wooden stick . Add One more tbsp Oil .Switch off the stove and add finely chopped Coriander Leaves , Chopped ginger and Green chillies
5. Cool little bit and add Lime Juice pickle . LIME JUICE PICKLE : Squeeze juice of three Limes. Add Curry Powder ( Blend of red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin powder , Mustard and fenu greek powder and Garlic cloves) and Salt . Season with Cumin seed Oil .
LUNCH – PAN FRIED VEGETABLE PAKORA with KETCHUP or LIME JUICE PICKLE – NO NEED OF GRAINS.
1.Vegetables – Eggplant , Cauliflower – Thinly sliced florets . So they will Cook evenly with other Vegetables , Colored Bell Peppers , Potato – Thinly sliced , Carrot’s and Onions .
2. Chickpea flour and Rice flour mixed with Curry Powder , Salt and Ajwain ( Carom seeds )
3. Oil – 2 tbsp 4. Water
METHOD : 1. Mix Chickpea flour , Rice flour , Curry powder, Salt , Ajwain with Sufficient Water. The batter must be thick to coat Vegetables .
2. Heat a wide pan with little Oil . Dip Vegetables in the batter and place in a single layer. Cover and Cook for 2 minutes on Medium high flame on Both sides .
3. Check with Knife . Uncover and Pan fry till golden on both sides ( Say 2 minutes on each side) . SERVE with Lime juice pickle or KETCHUP
DINNER : PANEER IN NUTS SAUCE with PHULKA and CUCUMBER SALAD
- Paneer – 12 Pieces
2. Onion – 1 Medium ( Chopped finely or Grind Corsely) , Ginger- Small piece , Garlic – 3 cloves and Green chillies – 2
3. Tomatoes – 3 Chopped
4. Spices to roast and Grind – Handful of Mixed Nuts, Cumin and Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp each , Red chillies -2 , Cloves – 3 , Cardamom – 3 , Cinnamon stick – small piece .
5. Oil – 1 tbsp
6. Yogurt ( Curd) – 3 tbsp 7. Curry powder – 1 tbsp 8 . Chopped Coriander
1. Dry roast the spices , Cool and grind with Handful of Dry coconut into fine Powder. Add chopped tomatoes and Blend one more time with Half cup water into a smooth paste.
2 Heat 1 tbsp Oil and add 1 tbsp Cumin seeds followed by finely chopped Onions . Once Onions are Brown add Green chilli paste, Garlic and Grated Ginger.
3 . Add tomato Paste and Cook for 3 to 4 Minutes . Switch off the stove and add Chopped Coriander , Curry Powder and Paneer.
4. Cool a little bit and add Yogurt.
5. Check for Salt and Spices and add accordingly . Serve with Phulka .
DESSERT FOR THE WEEK : DATES LADOO – If you have a Box of Dates and No one is interested in eating them , try this recipe . Kids will never notice Dates .