Tomato Moong Dal Biryani – Instant pot – 5 Ingredients – Kids Lunch box /Weekend Lunch
Now and then I prepare this Tomato Moong Dal Biryani to pack for Kids Lunch Box and for Weekend Lunch. It’s a perfect rice recipe to feed toddlers as it is One pot meal . If you are preparing for your toddler add finely chopped vegetables . I even shared Carrot Raita to serve or Pack for Kids Lunch Box. Check my recipe how much water to add and tomatoes so you can have a perfectly cooked rice . Grains look separated and not mushy and No burnt bottom with right amount of water and tomatoes. No need to saute anything except frying the whole garam masala and GG paste . Here is the recipe with 5 Ingredients . I cooked in rice mode and it was done in less time. You can do NPR or QPR .
Recipe for 3 to 4 with Carrot Raita ( Vegetables with Yogurt) Salad and Fruit
To 2 cups of yogurt add chopped Onions, chopped tomato(1) and grated baby carrots(5 ), Chopped coriander and salt . Heat 1 tbsp oil and add 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds . Cool the seasoning before adding to Yogurt .
1. White Basmati Rice – One cup ( Soak for half hour) and Water – 1 1/2 cup
2. Yellow Moong Dal – 1/2 cup ( soak for half hour)
3. Chopped Roma Tomatoes – 2 ( 12 pieces) , Finely chopped vegetables – One measuring cup and Peeled and chopped Potato -One .
4. Green chillies paste – 2 ( In mortar and Pestel) , Ginger and Garlic paste – 1 tbsp , Sliced shallots or Onions
Whole Garam Masala – 5 cloves, 3 Cardamom , 2 Bay Leaves , 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds , Small cinnamon stick
5. Oil -3 tbsp and Ghee – 1 tbsp
6. Salt to taste , Sambar powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp No Biryani Masala
1. Soak rice and Moong dal for half hour . Wash 3 to 4 times and add water. Add salt . Taste water for salt and add accordingly .
2. Turn IP on saute mode. Add oiland Ghee . When oil is warm add Cumin seeds , Cloves, Cardamom , Bay leaves and Cinnamon stick. Add Ginger Garlic paste . Fry for a minute . Add Onions , Chopped vegetables . Add Sambar powder . Mix well .
3. Add chopped tomatoes and Rice , Moong dal with water. Mix well .
4. Close IP with lid. Cancel saute . Rice mode. NPR after 5 to 10 minutes .
5. Open the lid. Wait for few minutes and add finely chopped coriander and Mint leaves. Mix gently .
SERVE or PACK with Carrot RAITA .