SPLIT GREEN MOONG DAL TOMATO PANIYARAM – 5 Ingredients /Self Feeding Breakfast for Toddlers
If your Kids trouble to eat their Breakfast try this recipe for Breakfast/ Snack time. Simple recipe with outstanding taste . No school for Kids because of Snow. So prepared a different Breakfast from our regular Idli and Uttapam . Simple recipe to prepare if you have Split Green Moong Dal in your Pantry . Because it will Soak in less than One hour . ( If you want to try for evening snack and have whole Green Moong Dal , soak for 3 to 4 Hours ) .I soaked early Morning after I got message from School that Schools are closed because of Snow. Just mix everything and prepare in Paniyaram Pan . They are soft, tangy and tasty . Simple recipe with outstanding taste .
Moong dal is a good source of Protein for vegetarians Consuming .Green Mung Beans have been studied to treat the following medical conditions Anemia, Inflammation, , Cancer , Heart disease , Diabetes , Gluten free diets . Diets that rely on plant based Protein such as eating Green Mung Beans are recognized by doctors and nutritionists to be extremely healthy. Low in sodium , Low in Cholesterol , High in fiber and Protein . Low on GI at 25 and have a glycemic load of 4 making them a smart food choice for diabetics The low GI , fiber and protein help to regulate blood sugar. Green Moong Beans has 7 g of Protein ( equivalent to one hard boiled egg or 1 oz of chicken ) and 0 g of fat . The insoluble fiber in Steel cut oats helps improved blood glucose levels in diabetes and improved cholesterol levels . The fiber content also aid in digestive system and help you loose weight because it will help you feel full longer than other foods. Steel cut Oats comes from the same plant as rolled or Instant Oats and other Oats products . Steel cut Oats are never cooked and start from the whole grain that is then passed through slender blades that cut the oats kernel into thin slices . Steel cut oats takes a little longer time to cook . In today’s recipe I grinded along with Dal . So it won’t take longer time to cook. Source : HM
Recipe for 24 .
Preparation time : 10 minutes and Cooking time – Less than 10 minutes for 12
1. Split Green Moong Dal – 1 cup
2. Steel cut Oats – 1/2 cup
3. Green Chillies – 2 ( Mild or Zero spicy)
4. Small piece of Ginger
6. Oil – 1 tbsp
7. Onion – Finely chopped
8. Tomato – Desseded and Chopped
9. Finely chopped Coriander
10 . Yogurt – 4 tbsp or accordingly .
1. Soak Split Green Moong Dal for an Hour . Wash 3 to 4 times. Don’t discard the skin of Split Green Moong Dal .
2. Transfer to a Blender and add Oats, Green chillies , Ginger and Salt . Grind with very little Water . The batter must be thick .
3. Transfer to a Bowl and add finely chopped Onions, Yogurt ( Curd) , Deseeded tomato and finely chopped Coriander . Mix well . Taste for salt and Spices and add accordingly . Note : You can add little Rasam or Sambar powder .
4. Heat Paniyaram pan on medium heat . Grease cavities with little Oil . When the pan is warm enough pour 2 tbsp of Batter in each cavity . When the bottom is light brown flip them slowly with the help of pointed wooden stick ( Comes with the pan ) or with a Knife . Drizzle little Oil on each Pakora.
5. Cook on four sides flipping slowly . When done transfer to a Plate. SERVE with Ketchup or Dates Tamarind Chutney or taste good on their own or Curry Leaf Powder .