If you are bored or looking for new taste with Stir fry vegetables, try this recipe . Add one last ingredient at the end . It will enhance the taste of Stir fry Vegetables .Raw mango Chutney is prepared with Spices and Coconut . You can prepare this Chutney in your free time and refrigerate. Stays good for more than 5 days. Add at the end for Stir fry Vegetables ( After you switch off the stove ,wait for some time and add) like Karela( Bitter gourd) , Okra( Bhindi) , Indian cluster Beans, Green Beans , Tindora , Indian Broad beans or any Stir fry vegetable. It changes the taste of the stir fry vegetable and you feel like eating more and more vegetable.
REASONS WHY A PLANT BASED DIET IS GOOD FOR YOU : You will be happy to know that new studies confirm that the vegetarian diet typically high in fiber and low in fat is beneficial to many aspects of your health . It can reduce the risk of heart disease . According to American Heart Association a diet that relies on plant based may reduce the risk of heart stroke by 20 percent . Reduces the risk of colorectal cancer . Third most common type of cancer . People who ate a vegetarian diet had a 22 percent lower risk of colorectal cancer . Vegetarians tend to consume more fiber from whole grains, veggies and fruit .Reduces breast cancer risk and reduces the risk of diabetes complications. Eating vegetables , fruits , whole grains , legumes and nuts can improve blood sugar control and make a diabetic’s body more responsive to insulin. Keeps WEIGHT down. Eating just 3/4th cup of these foods every day for six weeks can result in modest weight loss . Keep Blood Pressure low. Can reduce inflammation and arthritis symptoms . Meat free diets decrease the production of proteins like cytokines that cause or aggravate inflammation . Source : HM
Here is the Simple recipe with few ingredients.
RAW MANGO CHUTNEY :
INGREDIENTS and METHOD :
1. Raw mango – 1 ( Peel the skin and cut into small pieces )
2. Dry coconut – 1/2 cup
3. Spices to roast and grind – Sesame seeds – 2 tbsp , Walnuts – 5 , Almonds -5 , Pistachio’s – 5 ( or Channa dal – 2 tbsp and Urad dal – 2 tbsp) , Coriander – 1/2 tbsp Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp , Fenu greek seeds – 7 , Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp , Red chillies – 2 . Cool and grind with dry coconut and green chillies – 2 to 3 . Transfer to a Bowl .
4. Grind chopped Mango coarsely . Transfer to spice bowl . Mix with Spice powder. Add salt and turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp) .
5. Heat 2 to 3 tbsp Oil and add Mustard seeds followed by Cumin seeds, Urad dal , Red chillies and Hing. Add this seasoning to the Mango chutney . Mix. Taste for salt and Spices and add accordingly .
STORE in a glass container and refrigerate( Stays good for more than 5 days) . ADD at the end of STIR FRY VEGETABLES after you switch off the stove . Wait for few minutes and add the chutney .
WHEN TO ADD THIS CHUTNEY FOR STIR FRY VEGETABLES.?
1. Pan fry the vegetables . Transfer to a Bowl . In the same Pan fry thinly sliced Onions or Coarsely grind Onions with cumin seeds . Season with Salt and Turmeric.
2.Once Onions are brown add grated ginger and garlic. fry for couple of minutes.
3.Add pan fried vegetables and Curry powder( Blend of Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin powder , Garlic and fresh coriander) .
4. Wait for some time and add Raw Mango chutney . Mix . Check for salt and Spices and add accordingly .
5. Garnish with finely chopped Coriander and Mint leaves .
1. OKRA ( BHINDI) STIR FRY WITH RAW MANGO CHUTNEY.
2. KARELA ( BITTER GOURD) STIR FRY WITH RAW MANGO CHUTNEY.
3. INDIAN CLUSTER BEANS WITH RAW MANGO CHUTNEY .
4. INDIAN BROAD BEANS STIR FRY WITH RAW MANGO CHUTNEY
5. TINDORA STIR FRY WITH RAW MANGO CHUTNEY