CAPSICUM ( COLOR BELL PEPPERS ) MASALA CURRY . Served with Plain Paratha ( Indian Bread) , Cucumber Slices and Plain Yogurt( Curd)
Colored Bell Peppers ( Capsicum) are must in my grocery list.I use them to top my Pancakes ( Uttapam) . I prepare Chutney to serve with appetizers. Simple stir fry and My Kids favorite rice ( Capsicum Rice . I will share the link at the end of the post . Do try . I pack in Kids Lunch Box with Plain Yogurt( Curd)) or I prepare Bell pepper Pesto for Pasta . For Last night Dinner I prepared Capsicum Masala Curry . Not too spicy and Kid friendly recipe. Here is the Simple recipe with few Ingredients and Spices . Don’t forget to add Peanut powder, sesame Powder , Mango Powder and a Pinch of Garam Masala at the end.
Recipe for 4 People .
Preparation and Cooking time : 30 Minutes
1. Colored Bell peppers – 4 ( Chopped) ( Yellow , green , red and Orange)
2. Onion – Medium ( Chopped), Chopped Garlic cloves – 4 , ginger – 1 tbsp
3. Tomatoes – 3 ( Finely chopped)
4. Boiled Potato – 3 cubed
5. Spices – Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin powder- 1 tbsp together , Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp and Dried Mango powder – 1/2 tbsp
6. Peanut Powder – 2 tbsp , Sesame Powder – 2 tbsp , Dry coconut powder or fresh Coconut Powder – 2 tbsp and 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala
6. Salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
7. Oil – 2 tbsp and Ghee – 1/2 tbsp
8. Finely chopped coriander and Mint Leaves
1. Microwave Colored Bell peppers ( Capsicum) for 4 Minutes( 1 +1+1+1) minutes .
2. Heat 1 tbsp Oil and add Mustard seeds followed by Cumin seeds. Add finely chopped Onions. Season with Salt and Turmeric . Add Curry Leaves. Once Onions are Brown add Crushed Garlic and Grated Ginger. Fry for couple of minutes .
3. Add finely chopped Tomatoes . Cook until tomatoes are soft. Add One more tbsp Oil and Spices( Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin powder ) . Mix well .
4. Add Cooked and Cubed potato and Cooked Bell pepper. Mix gently so the Tomato masala coat Bell pepper and Potato .
5. Add 2 tbsp Coconut, Peanut powder, Sesame seed powder , Mango powder and Garam masala .
Add finely chopped Coriander and Mint and 1/2 tbsp Ghee. Check for salt and Spices and add accordingly .