DINNER – ONION CURRY WITH PLAIN PARATHA , YOGURT AND SWEET POTATO ROLLS (DESSERT)
This is what I cook when I don’t have any vegetables to cook or when I want to cook something simple for dinner, or when it is a lazy cooking day. This Onion Curry is a simple and tasty curry prepared with 3 vegetables ( which every household will have) , and 2 flours and Spices; that is what all we need to prepare this tasty Curry . Serve warm and don’t refrigerate. You can finish cooking this curry by the time you prepare the Paratha. Here is the simple recipe with everyday ingredients.
Recipe for 4 .
1. Onions – 3 or 2 big ( thinly sliced )
2. Tomato – 1 ( Chopped)
3. Potato – 3 ( Cooked and Crumbled . I cook Potato in microwave by wrapping in Paper towel . 1 + 1 + 1 minutes . Stop for every one minute ) Note : Cook Potato in the morning and refrigerate. It will retain shape and don’t get mixed with the Curry . or Cook for 3 whistles .
4. Chickpea flour and rice flour – 1 tbsp each
5. Spices – Red chilli powder , Coriander and Cumin powder – 1/2 to 1 tbsp , Ajwain – 1/4 th to 1/2 tbsp
6. Water – 2 measuring cups or accordingly
7. Oil – 2 tbsp
8. salt and Turmeric – 1/4 th tbsp
9 . Cumin and Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp each
10. Curry leaves and Chopped coriander and Mint leaves
1. Heat 2 tbsp Oil and add Mustard seeds , Cumin seeds followed by thinly sliced Onions . Season with salt and Turmeric . Add Curry leaves. Mix and cook until onions are light brown .
2. Add Cooked and cubed Potato , Chickpea flour , rice flour , red chilli powder, Coriander and cumin powder , Ajwain . Fry for couple of minutes.
3. Add one measuring cup water . Mix without lumps . Add one more cup water . Mix well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in between to avoid burning. If needed add 1/2 more cup water .
4. Add Chopped tomato , Chopped Coriander and Mint leaves . Mix and switch off the stove.
5. Taste for salt and Spices and accordingly .
SERVE WARM with Plain Paratha .