Instant Cabbage Tomato Dosa with Tomato Yogurt raita . If you are not in the mood of Cooking Lunch /Dinner and still want to eat some thing tasty and filling, then this is the right recipe . Instant Cabbage Tomato Dosa with Raita . It is simple and easy to prepare with every day Ingredients from your Pantry . I use Chickpea flour in my Cooking . So I did a little reading about its Health Benefits. Chickpea flour which is also called Gram flour , Garbanzo beans flour or traditionally besan is popular in Indian cooking. Good source of fiber and 1/2 cup chickpea flour has about 178 calories , 5 grams of sugar ( no added sugar) 3 grams of fat and 10 grams of protein. Although Beans provide Protein they don’t contain all of the amino acids . As long as you eat mix of Protein sources such as rice and beans you will get plenty of amino acids . Good source of Carbohydrates . But the GI of 150 grams of garbanzo Beans boost a GI of 10 . The GI index ranks foods on a scale of 1 to 100 based on how they affect your blood sugar and insulin. The lower the GI the better the food for a diabetic to eat. Chickpea flour is a anti inflammatory food and has protective benefits against certain diseases . This is because of high fiber content in Beans and legumes that can draw toxins out of inflammatory tract. To minimize the problems prepare your beans from scratch by soaking and throwing away the soaking liquid and cook them in fresh water. Source : Health Magazines.
Just mix everything and prepare Dosa and Serve with Tomato Yogurt Raita.
RECIPE for Tomato Yogurt Raita :
Heat 1 tbsp Oil and add 1 tbsp Cumin seeds followed by finely chopped tomato. Season with Salt . Cover and Cook till Tomato is soft . Add 1/2 tbsp Curry Powder or Rasam Powder . Cool it before adding to Curd( Yogurt) . To One cup of Yogurt add 1/4 th cup finely chopped Onions , Chopped Coriander and Cooled Tomato mixture. Serve with Instant Cabbage Tomato Dosa .
Recipe for 8 Medium Dosa’s .
Preparation time and Cooking time : Less than 30 Minutes
1. Cabbage – 2 Measuring Cups ( Finely Chopped or in Food Processor)
2. Roma tomatoes – 2 finely Chopped
3. Onion – Medium ( Chopped)
4. Finely Chopped Coriander – 1/2 Bunch
5. Yogurt ( Curd) – 1/4 th Cup
6. Chickpea flour – 1 Cup and 1/4 th cup rice flour for crispiness
7. Poha ( Flattened rice) of your Choice ( Red rice Poha or Brown rice Poha or white rice Poha) – 1/2 Cup
8. Oil – 1 to 2 tbsp
9. Salt , Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp , Carom seeds( Ajwain) – 1/2 tbsp
10. Curry Powder – 1 tbsp ( Blend of Red chilli powder, coriander and Cumin Powder , Garlic and Fresh Coriander)
1. Wash red rice Poha 3 to 4 times ,drain out all Water and transfer to Bowl . To this add Finely Chopped Cabbage , Chopped Tomato , Chopped Coriander, Onion , Salt , Ajwain , Cumin seeds, Yogurt( Curd) , Curry Powder and Chickpea flour. Mix well by adding very little water. Like Chapathi dough . Check for salt and Spices and add accordingly.
2 . Heat Pan and Grease with Oil . When the Pan is Warm enough take two big spoonful of Batter and place in the center of the Pan and spread with the spoon in a Circular Motion .
3. Drizzle Oil over the edges. Fry till Golden Brown .
4 . Repeat the Process with the rest of the batter .
5 .Serve warm with Tomato Yogurt raita.